Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why is this phone not activated?

Default Why is this phone not activated?
    Hey,

I have a 3G iPhone running 3.1.3 firmware. Jailbroken with redsn0w. ultrasn0w is installed on the phone but when I insert my non AT&T sim it just goes to the SIM not supported screen in iTunes.

When I have the AT&T SIM in there it just says "Waiting for activation" and does not activate (I am not in the USA).

What on earth?!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Check your modem firmware, maybe it is already at 05.14.07. Waiting for activation is normal when you have no service on the ATNT sim.

Ok but even if the modem firmware has been updated, why would the phone not activate when it has an AT&T SIM in it and has been connected to iTunes.

Thanks

You mean it didn't trigger it into Home Screen.

Did you try pulling out the cable and put it back ?
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-23 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

It takes some time, I have waited 15 minutes before.

Yeow: Yeah I tried multiple times, with the AT&T sim card in it went to the standard window in iTunes where you can update/restore/sync etc, and I could access the homescreen of the phone and do whatever, but when I put in my SIM card it just went back to the plug to iTunes screen on the phone.

I thought redsn0w hacktivated?

Well anyway, I just custom firmware restored using sn0wbreeze to 3.1.3 and it worked fine, just seemed very odd.

Thanks

The official sim does not have any service in it, putting the sim in will just simply trigger it into Home Screen. it is not activated yet. To get it activated, jailbreak it and unlock it. Then put your unofficial carrier sim into the phone, it will then be activated.

If you have an ATNT sim that has service and you are in Asia. Putting the sim into the phone after the restore will definitely activate it because of roaming. Now your ATNT has no service, how is it going to connect to ATNT to get it activated, understand.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-23 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost