Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.1 stability

iPhone? More like MyPhone Flatbeats's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 4.1 stability
    Ive been on 4.1 since PWNAGE came out.
    did a straight forward creation of 4.1 ispw only jailbroken.

now I dont know if its a 3G issue due to memory, or if its a 4.1fw pwned issue.

at least once if not twice a day, my phone has just rebooted while ive been using it. Now i never had this issue when I tried 4.0fw pwned, although it was slow as hell, so went back to 3.1.2.

has anyone else experienced this?
    befor anyone mantions it, its not becuse im running all the apps, there all stopped, all that was open was the phone app, when the last reboot happened.
    iPhone 3G Jail broken 4.2.1 - redsn0w
    iPhone 3G unlocked & Jail broken 3.1.2 - Blackra1n

Mine's been crashing as well. It just flashes white and reboots. More importantly I've noticed that on my battery has been draining incredibly fast. I also have an iPhone 3G.

Thanks

How much available memory do you have before it reboots? Did you enable like multitasking and all that when you created the firmware?

I have a 3GS so I couldn't really test it out. I've had custom 4.1 on my phone since Pwnage was first released and haven't experienced a hiccup.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

My opinion, stay at 3.1.3 is the best solution for 3g.

I had enabled multitasking and I had around 30mb available memory when it would reboot. I just finished jailbreaking my phone to 4.1 without multitasking and everything seems to be running smoothly now. The battery doesn't seem to have any issues anymore but I'll let you know if anything changes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Flatbeats's Avatar
    Thanks

Same here, had nothing open in the multitasking menu, went to open twitter and phone rebooted.
    gonna re do it without multi tasking, TBH think its a waste of time, constantly having to close down the apps to free up memory. It may be worth having on the iphone4, but certainly not on the 3g.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxer View Post
    I had enabled multitasking and I had around 30mb available memory when it would reboot. I just finished jailbreaking my phone to 4.1 without multitasking and everything seems to be running smoothly now. The battery doesn't seem to have any issues anymore but I'll let you know if anything changes.
    do you still get the option to lock the screen in its current orientation?
    Last edited by Flatbeats; 2010-10-23 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 3G Jail broken 4.2.1 - redsn0w
    iPhone 3G unlocked & Jail broken 3.1.2 - Blackra1n

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbeats View Post
    Same here, had nothing open in the multitasking menu, went to open twitter and phone rebooted.
    gonna re do it without multi tasking, TBH think its a waste of time, constantly having to close down the apps to free up memory. It may be worth having on the iphone4, but certainly not on the 3g.

do you still get the option to lock the screen in its current orientation?
    I feel the same way. The only apps I wanted to keep open was my messaging app but other than that I would have to keep manually closing all the other apps in the multitasking menu.

I don't get the option to lock the screen in its current orientation anymore. The only reason that bothered me before was because I'd like to text when I was laying down and the orientation kept turning the screen. I have BiteSMS now and that has an option to lock the orientation.

If you want to lock everything you'll have to download a file of cydia called Rotation Inhibitor. It allows enabling/disabling from SBSettings.