Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with latest Jailbreak for 4.1 3gs !!

Default Help with latest Jailbreak for 4.1 3gs !!
    Hi all, ok ive been away for a few weeks and have just returned, what i need to no is, is there now a jailbreak for 4.1 ? i currently have a jailbroken 3gs running 4.0.1 , do i stick with that or if there is a jailbreak out for 4.1 is it worth doing? also will cydia restore everything as i have everything ssh blobs saved or whatever you call them..

Hope somebody can help me with this, thankyou from

Brian

Any help please!! Thankyou

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

There are a few jailbreaks for 4.1 released. The major two being greenpois0n and limera1n (both have versions for mac + windows). These two are basic jailbreaks, perfect if you don't rely on ultrasn0w for an unlock.

If you need ultrasn0w to unlock your phone for a different carrier, you can update to 4.1 using a custom firmware with PwnageTool (mac only). Edit Poseidon: Tiny Umbrella does NOT preserve the baseband on an iPhone 3GS... this is an iPhone 4 feature only.

As for backing up your Cydia apps, you can do this by getting a package called PkgBackup which saves your Cydia apps to a contact in your phone app. I'm not really sure how it fully works as I have never used it, but check it out.

Also, even though you said you saved your SHSH blobs, just double check and make sure they are saved. Just incase you ever want to downgrade to 4.0.1 again.

My personal opinion is that you should restore the phone as a new phone (not a backup) and jailbreak with a tool of your choice. This will make sure there are no problems with backup files etc. Also, make sure you choose the correct jailbreak method if you need to use ultrasn0w. If you update via iTunes, it will update your baseband and you will lose the unlock (at least until 4.2 is released) - as there is no way to downgrade your baseband once you update it.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to help!
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2010-10-24 at 03:25 PM.

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe