Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mail Push not working; 3GS on 4.0 JB

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Mail Push not working; 3GS on 4.0 JB
    I have a 3GS jailbroken on 4.0 (I'm pretty sure I used PwnageTool), and for about a month now, Mail isn't receiving push mail, even though it's set to do so. It started around the same time I got MobileMe, which, once I started to see an issue, I simply turned off the Mail portion of MobileMe.

Does anyone know of any JB tweaks/apps that would interfere with Mail? Maybe MobileMe is the culprit? Hell, there's probably a JB tweak that isn't getting along with MobileMe, and MM is giving the finger to Mail.app.

I've been going through my package list on Cydia, and I don't see anything out of the ordinary that I'm not familiar with. I was about to buy Pkgbackup, do the backup and upgrade to 4.1 (JB, of course), but if there's an underlying issue with Mail and the JB, I'm thinking of starting clean, sans Cydia backup.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Your custom firmware must not be hactivated, then it will solve your problem. You will need the official sim to activate your iphone after restoring to custom firmware.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I've never hactivated my phone. I'm on AT&T using the same SIM card that was in the phone when I bought it; I've never once used ultrasnow.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Anyone else have an idea as to what the problem would be? Should I just jailbreak on 4.1 and start from scratch?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Start from Scratch , restore to 4.1, insert your sim to activate. Then only jailreak it with GP or Limera1n.