Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 update to 4.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 update to 4.0
    I have a jailbroken 3GS with 3.1.3, Is there much point in updating to 4."."?

If I update, can I jailbreak it again myself? (Bought the phone jailbroken)

Will I lose all the current apps I have?

Cheers for any feedback, Ian

personally, i would stay at 3.1.3, i went to 4.0 but downgraded back to 3.1.3 as although most apps are up to date now, i like my thmes to be as complete as possible & the winterboard issues on 4.x dont allow that as 3.x does. Just my preference though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to yusuf530i For This Useful Post:

ianm4266 (2010-10-21)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yusuf530i View Post
    personally, i would stay at 3.1.3, i went to 4.0 but downgraded back to 3.1.3 as although most apps are up to date now, i like my thmes to be as complete as possible & the winterboard issues on 4.x dont allow that as 3.x does. Just my preference though.
    Themes are a biggy for me so I'll stay at 3.1.3 was just wondering about the differences between the two then?

Also my GF is on 3.1.2 (Jailbroken) is it easy to update to 3.1.3 and will she lose all the apps she has or is there much difference between the 2?

Thanks again Ian

I was told there is very little difference between 3.1.2 & 3.1.3, except that some apps require a minimum of 3.1.3 for compatability.

Does your GF have shsh for 3.1.3 backed up with cydia? if she does, she could update and then redownload the apps from cydia once she re jailbreaks. if not tell her to leave it as it is.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

She doesnt know much about it so doubt she's done anything like backup. She probably wont even notice