Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I jailbreak and unlock?

Default How can I jailbreak and unlock?
    Hey guys,

I have an iPhone 3g on 4.0 and I would like to update to 4.1 while jailbreaking and preserving my baseband. I am on a windows computer to PWNAGE tool will not work for me, and from what I understand, RedSn0w will not preserve my baseband. Does anyone have any ideas or what to do for me? Thank you!

Thanks

are you already jailbroken and what method if you are?

Yes, I am already jailbroken and unlocked on 4.0 with RedSn0w.

Thanks

download or create a custom 4.1 ipsw (make sure it is activated) and shift+restore to that and you will be good to
    go, install ultrasn0w from cydia when done to unlock

I made a custom ipsw with sn0wbreeze and selected all the options I would like to have. So would this be as stable as any other 4.1 jailbroken software, or is sn0wbreeze lacking in a way? Thank you for the help!

Thanks

I have never used it, i have seen people on here that have had problems with but I have seen people that have had problems with pwnagetool as well, if you feel more comfortable using dev team stuff then google an ipsw created with pnwagetool and activated

Okay, I tried to do this, I checked Activate also on Sn0wbreeze, but after my restore I am stuck on "connect to itunes" and when I connect it says I don't have an official sim. Help Please!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Do not activate it with Snowbreeze 2.0.2, it will give you Youtube and Syncing problem. Build one without activation, and then restore to the custom firmware, once restored, put you official sim to trigger into home screen and then unlock with Ultrasn0w, you will be fully activated through your unofficial carrier and your custom firmware will work flawlessly.

I guess you don't have the official sim, use Snowbreeze 2.0.2 to create and it will hactivate it for you, the only problem you are going to get is cannot connect to Youtube and error while syncing with Itunes.

If you want to wait for a bit longer, snowbreeze 2.1 is on its way.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-23 at 12:08 AM.

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately, I think it has already updated me to ios 4.1, am I able to go back to 4.0 and get my unlockable baseband? I have saved my SHSH Blobs in TinyUmbrella? thanks!

Also do you know what the error I am getting right now is? thanks
    Last edited by golfing7861; 2010-10-23 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

What did you do, you only restore to custom firmware of 4.1 not official 4.1, which will update your baseband and cannot be unlocked.

If you restored to custom firmware, you can put your iphone into recovery mode and do a custom fw restore.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-23 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I did the custom sn0wbreeze restore. nothing official Apple. How do I do a custom fw restore? thanks

Thanks

Go on iTunes, put your phone in DFU MODE, shift+click on restore then select the custom firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Anyone please?

Thanks

You can put your already jailbroken with cfw iphone into recovery mode and restore again. Your baseband will not be touched.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

golfing7861 (2010-10-23)

I don't think it's jailbroken anymore. I get the connect to itunes error when it was restored with snowbreeze. the snowbreeze ipsw was not correct i think. Any ideas? thanks

okay, when I try to restore from a 4.0 firmware i get the Itunes Error 3194. What now? Thanks
    Last edited by golfing7861; 2010-10-23 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Now I want your iphone to be restored to 4.0. This is what you do :
    Download snowbreeze 1.6.2 and download the official firmware of 4.0
    Create a custom firmware of 4.0 from Snowbreeze 1.6.2
    Put your iphone into recovery mode, if it is already in recovery that is fine. if recovery doesn't work , then DFU
    Restore to custom firmware of snowbreeze_4.0.ipsw created by Snowbreeze 1.6.2 which is named as Snowbreeze_4.0.ipsw on your desktop.

Make sure you have the latest itunes.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-23 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thank you, will try this right now, will keep you updated. Really appreciate your help, can't really thank you besides just pressing "Thanks!" button

Thanks

The new pwnage tools 4.1 is for Mac, the DFU is not a normal DFU , that is why it will not work on windows.