Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with old 3gs phone?

Cool help with old 3gs phone?
    so i got an old 3gs 3.0 firmware phone and it's new bootrom, already jailbroken.i tried using sn0wbreeze but it is now in recovery mode, what can i do? unlock is important here.

i have previous jailbreak experience many times since the 2.x series so you can use big words.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Recovery mode or emergency mode ?

You have the old bootrom , not new bootrom

Use kick out of recovery to see if it works before I proceed any further with instructions
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-20 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

redmagyk (2010-10-21)

If kicking it doesnt work use this program called recboot it will work forsure

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lineskis For This Useful Post:

redmagyk (2010-10-21)

purplera1n or redsn0w to JB first, it can't be new bootrom if you've got 3.0 on it, so you should be able to use custom firmware to 4.1.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

redmagyk (2010-10-21)

well for model number it starts with MC and i know thats the way to check if it is new bootrom or old, i have access to both mac and pc so software shoudn't be a problem . i tried using tiny umbrella's kick out of boot numerous times, it simply reboots with apple sign then goes back to connect to itunes sign.

also to yeow it is in recovery mode. where all i see is a sign that says connect to itunes. i tried using a custom firmware but i got error code 17 i think?

Thanks

Mine is MC model & its old boot so dont go by that alone..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cid6.7 For This Useful Post:

redmagyk (2010-10-21)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redmagyk View Post
    well for model number it starts with MC and i know thats the way to check if it is new bootrom or old, i have access to both mac and pc so software shoudn't be a problem . i tried using tiny umbrella's kick out of boot numerous times, it simply reboots with apple sign then goes back to connect to itunes sign.

also to yeow it is in recovery mode. where all i see is a sign that says connect to itunes. i tried using a custom firmware but i got error code 17 i think?
    That is a common misconception. The MC models reference is in regards to iPods. Not iPhones.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

redmagyk (2010-10-21)

so 100% i have old bootrom i guess then right? alright i am going to attempt to get out of dfu mode using recboot mentioned above, after i kick it out what's next? custom ispw or update normally through itunes? my baseband is low its like 4. something

it appears as it is stuck in dfu mode tiny umbrella and recboot didn't work? what can i do now?
    Last edited by redmagyk; 2010-10-21 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can use Pwnagetool 4.1 to get to 4.1 and maintain your current baseband. Then simply use ultrasnow. Works on new and old bootrom.

Got a mac?

Check your pm.
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-10-21 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redmagyk View Post
    so 100% i have old bootrom i guess then right? alright i am going to attempt to get out of dfu mode using recboot mentioned above, after i kick it out what's next? custom ispw or update normally through itunes? my baseband is low its like 4. something

it appears as it is stuck in dfu mode tiny umbrella and recboot didn't work? what can i do now?
    First of all, have you updated your itunes yet ? Have you tried put your iphone into revovery mode and then restore to snowbreeze custom firmware ?