Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Carrier logo gone after restore.

Default Carrier logo gone after restore.
    I have a 3GS, first generation with the older bootrom on at&t in the U.S. As I understood it, ever since back when ios 3.1 was jailbroken you would lose your carrier logo on the status bar. There was a fix in Cydia but only for 3.1.x ios versions. So I've been without a carrier logo ever since I upgraded to 4.0. Today I upgraded to 4.1 and jailbroke with limera1n and voila! My carrier logo is back. But the when I restore my backup data from iTunes to get all my settings and contacts and text messages and stuff back then my carrier logo disappears. There must be some kind of setting or some piece of data that got backed up by iTunes from back when I was on ios 3.1.x which is still screwing with the carrier logo. I reset the network settings but it made no difference. Is there any way to get my carrier logo back? I'm not talking about using Make it Mine, I want my legit carrier logo to display like its supposed to. TIA.

Thanks

the only way is to quit restoring from a backup and setup as new (that is why it is never recommended to restore from a backup of a jailbroken phone), other than that you will have to use fake carrier or makeitmine

Thanks

Or just install Make it Mine (in Cydia) and manually set the carrier logo.