Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No AT&T Service after LimeRa1n!!!!

Default No AT&T Service after LimeRa1n!!!!
    Hi guys. I really need your help. I have an Iphone 4 with iOS 4.1 Baseband 01.59.00. I jailbroke it with LimeRa1n and now I have no service. When I install UltraSnow I get my service back but my push notifications, and FaceTime do not work. I am still using AT&T as my service provider so I do not know why I am not getting servie or why FaceTime does not work. Any Ideas????

My carrier under settings says AT&T 8.0 if that helps. I bought this phone off apple.com with a 2 yr contract.
    Last edited by FreddyTovar; 2010-10-19 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

restore and use greenpois0n

I tried green poison and the same problem. When I used GP on it it kept bringing popups saying my calls are being forwarded, calls ended, no push notifications, and no service. Any other ideas?

Thanks

try not unlocking it, if you are on official carrier and have an iPhone plan then there is no reason to unlock the phone

Also try resetting network settings

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Also make sure you are not hacktivating it. After a restore you have to make sure itunes activates it for you before you jailbreak.

Greenposion.
    Modding since 08.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Put your official sim card to activate first, before the jailbreak. It is all because of hactivation problem. I agree with x98car.

Note : I mean real activation , not just trigger into Home Screen, so you official sim must have service on it.

In other words, if you are with ATNT service provider, then you are good to activates it first before proceeding with Limera1n jailbreak
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-19 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how to you Un jailbreak limerain and go with green poison - what are the diff benefits?

Thanks

You can't unjailbreak, you have to do an official restore again. I think GreenPoison also hactivates, so GP is basically the same as Limera1n, both hactivvate thus causes Push Notification and Facetime issues.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-19 at 08:36 PM.

Thanks for all the help guys! But when I try to activate my phone with iTunes it says this phone can not be activated? Any clue why? I bought this phone off eBay. So my only option was to jailbreak it to hactivate it so I could use it? Any other thoughts??

Thanks

You can check your Country carrier by the model number. All you need is an official sim card to trigger it into Home Screen, jailbreak it and unlock, you will then be activated through your unofficial carrier.

So if I restore my phone without my AT&T Sim card and pop my sim card in once it is back on, will it automatically activate of do I have to connect it to iTunes after a restore?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You'll have to connect to iTunes with the SIM in to activate.