Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n question 2

Default limera1n question 2
    i just tried to jailbreak using limera1n. everything went successfully. i did everything it said, even got the limera1n logo when on the screen where the apple logo usually shows up when it was loading up.

for some reason when i started the phone up, its exactly like it was before. there's no limera1n icon or anything. it's still jailbroken, but it's not the new jailbreak.

anybody know what i can do to actually get it to work?

Thanks

try restarting the phone again, I always had to in order for the limera1n icon to show up

i did that once. i just tried to jailbreak it again, didn't work. tried restarting AGAIN, same situation.

Thanks

what firmware are you using and what device do you have?

Im pretty sure your not going to be able to jailbreak a jailbreak you have to restore first. Let me kno if im understanding u correctly

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

What kind of phone is this?

This happened once to me but I didn't have to restore. Make sure you run iTunes and accept their agreement, etc if this is a brand new phone. After I did that and left iTunes running while it was jail breaking it was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lineskis View Post
    Im pretty sure your not going to be able to jailbreak a jailbreak you have to restore first. Let me kno if im understanding u correctly
    i'm thinking this is probably the problem. i've had the iphone 4 since it came out and i jailbroke it originally a couple of months ago. i have been trying to re-jailbreak it with limera1n when it's already jailbroken so i guess that's the problem. for some reason when i restore, it usually destroys all my contacts, but i guess that's not a big deal. i'll just try that.

thanks.