Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Problems

Default Cydia Problems
    Im sure this has been asked before but I cant find it. I have a couple issues. Im new to jailbreaking. .I have a iphone 3gs. I saved my shsh with tiny umbrella, Today I upgraded to 4.1 and rejailbroke, Cydia is up no problem, but my mywifi, and winterboard are gone, as well as all the other apps i had downloaded over the weekend. too many to remember, I see that Cydia says these apps are already installed. But where are they? Do I have to reload everything everytime I re JB? I have tried respringing, still not there.

Also, where in cydia are my shsh stored. I dont see it showing anywhere. and where is the make my life easier button.

Sorry to ramble, I figured this would happen. Thanks

Can't tell you about the first question because I don't use apps but this has been asked several times recently so a quick search should find your answer for you.

Since you already pressed make my life easier it won't display again. Also shsh blobs are not showing in Cydia at the moment because Saurik removed them to make things run smoother while all the masses of jailbreaking is going on. Will be back soon I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bellyfrog View Post
    Can't tell you about the first question because I don't use apps but this has been asked several times recently so a quick search should find your answer for you.

Since you already pressed make my life easier it won't display again. Also shsh blobs are not showing in Cydia at the moment because Saurik removed them to make things run smoother while all the masses of jailbreaking is going on. Will be back soon I'm sure.
    You won't get the (make my life easier) prompt if you previously saved it with tinyumbrella first.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bukrub View Post
    Im sure this has been asked before but I cant find it. I have a couple issues. Im new to jailbreaking. .I have a iphone 3gs. I saved my shsh with tiny umbrella, Today I upgraded to 4.1 and rejailbroke, Cydia is up no problem, but my mywifi, and winterboard are gone, as well as all the other apps i had downloaded over the weekend. too many to remember, I see that Cydia says these apps are already installed. But where are they? Do I have to reload everything everytime I re JB? I have tried respringing, still not there.
    Yep, restore/upgrade the firmware and re-do the jailbreak, you'll have to re-download everything you want from Cydia (should all be free, as Cydia goes by UDID and ECID if I'm not mistaken).

Also, where in cydia are my shsh stored. I dont see it showing anywhere. and where is the make my life easier button.

Sorry to ramble, I figured this would happen. Thanks
    After you save one set of blobs via TinyUmbrella, Cydia takes that as a "make my life easier, thanks!" and will attempt to save all future blobs on your behalf automatically. They're not showing on the Cydia homescreen at the moment (server load issues) but they're there on Cydia's servers.