Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Other than unlocking, is there a reason NOT to upgrade to 4.1?

Default Other than unlocking, is there a reason NOT to upgrade to 4.1?
    I have an iPhone 4 currently jailbroken on 4.0.1.

I just jailbroke my wife's iPhone 4 with limera1n and she's running 4.1.

We're using AT&T so I don't need to worry about unlocking my phone.

I do want to sell my phone when I upgrade...which will either be summer 2011 or 2012...and I'd like to sell it unlocked so I can get more money.

Is there a reason NOT to upgrade my phone to 4.1? I'm wanting to upgrade solely to fix the proximity sensor issues. I'm tired of cheek muting people.

TIA!

Thanks

download the 4.1 ipsw, open tinyumbrella, start the TSS server, open iTunes and click shift+restore (pc) or option+restore (mac) and point iTunes at your 4.1 ipsw, when the restore is almost complete it will give you a 1004 error, use tinyumbrella to kick the device out of recovery, you will be on 4.1 with the 1.59.00 baseband, use greenpois0n to jailbreak and install ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

AUZambo (2010-10-19)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

As he said, 4.1 per se doesn't prevent unlocking... It's the baseband update bundled with 4.1. Upgrading using tinyumbrella (ip4 only) or Pwnage tool once it releases will prevent the baseband update while still upgrading the firmware to 4.1

5. The Following User Says Thank You to z6joker9 For This Useful Post:

AUZambo (2010-10-19)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EuroDub For This Useful Post:

AUZambo (2010-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EuroDub View Post
    in 4 later
    ????

9. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

AUZambo (2010-10-19)

Other than the baseband thing, many cydia apps don't work well with 4.1 yet so I'm staying at 4.0.1 until they fix out all the bugs. People also say that 4.1 doesn't make much improvement for the proximity and I don't really care about HDR and gamecenter. It's a personal opinion though, better to check if ur favorite cydia apps work with 4.1 before u update

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

AUZambo (2010-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Other than the baseband thing, many cydia apps don't work well with 4.1 yet so I'm staying at 4.0.1 until they fix out all the bugs. People also say that 4.1 doesn't make much improvement for the proximity and I don't really care about HDR and gamecenter. It's a personal opinion though, better to check if ur favorite cydia apps work with 4.1 before u update
    +1

13. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

AUZambo (2010-10-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    that's good to know. Thanks.

I mainly jailbroke so I could do facetime over 3G...which I know works on 4.1. The ringtones and tweaks are just an added bonus.

The cydia apps I would really miss are My3G, MyWi, 5 icon dock, 5 column springboard, SB settings, Remove BG, and makeitmine. I'll check those out for compatibiilty with 4.1.

Thanks

not sure if makeitmine works but I know fake carrier does, all the others work though