Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring iPhone with same firmware

Default Restoring iPhone with same firmware
    Ok so I have a iPhone 3g on 4.0.1 and is currently unlocked. My cydia is messing up really bad like not loading. Is it possible to restore with the same firmware 4.0.1 and start from scratch again with a fresh jailbreak and unlock. i don't know if this is possible since apple has to verify the firmware.

Thanks

Hold shift and press restore , then locate the 4.01 ipsw and have some fun...make sure u select the file and not let itunes do it because you will end up updating which is what Oo don't want

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Make sure you point your hosts file towards Cydia too for 4.0.1 verification

Yes, you can restore a fresh 4.0.1, but you will face same speed problem. You can downgrade to 3.1.3, but in my opinion, Better way to do is to cook a customer firmware of 4.1 which fixes the speed issue for 3G using breezesn0w 2.1.2, and shift + restore the customer firmware you just cooked, get a official Sim to activate it (of course, you can borrow one), and use ultrasn0w to unlock the phone if you still need to. Good luck!