Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring but keeping jailbreak?

Default Restoring but keeping jailbreak?
    I was thinking of doing a hardware upgrade to Iphone 4. I currently have a 3GS that is jailbroken. A little info as to my question.

Ive jailbroken the iphone in Feb/10, was running good for a couple of months and than it took a dump. The phone was in the continuous loop and i couldnt recover it. A month or 2 later, i discovered a solution to getting it fixed and manage to use the phone again. It was not the solution that ibeej posted.

The phone is currently on 3.1.2. How can i restore the phone(so it erases all my personal info) and still keep it unlocked?

What is the latest firmware that came out for the 3GS, 4? is their jailbreak for it as to make this process less of a pain in the butt

Edit: forgot to say that the whole point of my jailbreak was the unlock, so it must be kept unlocked!
    Last edited by EuroDub; 2010-10-18 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you have the new bootrom, then there is no jailbreak at 4.1 and still being able to unlock.
    The highest you can go is 4.0.1 and jailbreak with jailbreakme.com
    It is always a pain when you try and restore the iphone, there is always some kind of errors that will try and stop you if you are just a daily user of iphones.