Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch seems to be in recovery mode.. but IT ISNT.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPod Touch seems to be in recovery mode.. but IT ISNT.
    my ipod touch 2g 16 gb glitched up pretty bad, after trying to update it from its jailbroken 3.1.2 to 4.1. i did it perfectly fine, within apple, and when it was done, i got a restore screen.. with a battery icon in the corner? and when i use the home button + lock button combination, it takes a screenshot. i can put it into restore mode and try to re-update it, but the same thing happens. ive tried some other firmwares as well, but i get error codes. also, when plugged into itunes (when not in restore mode) it says an error, which says something like "cannot access app store, network timed out? my iPhone works fine, so its not itunes.
    Thanks =D

-Ailenpangwin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ailenpangwin View Post
    my ipod touch 2g 16 gb glitched up pretty bad, after trying to update it from its jailbroken 3.1.2 to 4.1. i did it perfectly fine, within apple, and when it was done, i got a restore screen.. with a battery icon in the corner? and when i use the home button + lock button combination, it takes a screenshot. i can put it into restore mode and try to re-update it, but the same thing happens. ive tried some other firmwares as well, but i get error codes. also, when plugged into itunes (when not in restore mode) it says an error, which says something like "cannot access app store, network timed out? my iPhone works fine, so its not itunes.
    Thanks =D

-Ailenpangwin
    The device most likely has to activate through iTunes. No biggie.

As long as you have no host file edits blocking the iTunes store/albert.apple.com (and otherwise have active internet access), you should be able to successfully bypass that screen without issue.

You might even be able to hacktivate it. Though I've never heard of anyone trying to hacktivate an iPT, mostly because simply plugging one in to iTunes while connected to the internet usually does the trick...