Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1.3 to 4.1 upgrade help!!

Default 3.1.3 to 4.1 upgrade help!!
    So, i jailbroke my iphone 3gs with the spirit jailbreak as soon as it came out. I've been putting off upgrading it to 4.1 and i feel like it's time that i do so. This may have been asked before but i have not found a very clear answer to my question. Anyways, what is the easiest way to save all of my cydia apps so that i can install them again after upgrading? It would take me days to find and download everything. I've been searching for hours for an answer, so please try and help me. Thanks
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 2010-10-18 at 08:10 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Pkgbackup is the way to go. It's the only one that has been reliable for me. It may not back up all of your jb app settings though.

That being said, I would highly recommend starting fresh at every major update point... From 3.x to 4.x for instance. This includes restoring from a backup in iTunes. You'll have less problems that way since not everything works perfectly or is needed on 4.x. Also no telling what manual tweaks you might have had that will cause problems.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Oh yeah and can save your AppStore data, which then you can copy to your pc, then restore, reinstall everything, and copy back over to restore your game saves and such. Restoring in iTunes will do the same thing, but again, I'd recommend sucking it up and starting fresh.

Or don't upgrade at all. The 3.1.3 3gs is one of the best versions. If you are happy with your phone, then leave it alone. I am. When my wife wants an iPhone, I will get it for her and jb whatever version comes out and go from there.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geddings1 View Post
    So, i jailbroke my iphone 3gs with the spirit jailbreak as soon as it came out. I've been putting off upgrading it to 4.1 and i feel like it's time that i do so. This may have been asked before but i have not found a very clear answer to my question. Anyways, what is the easiest way to save all of my cydia and ********** apps so that i can install them again after upgrading? It would take me days to find and download everything. I've been searching for hours for an answer, so please try and help me. Thanks
    Talk about cracked apps / warz is not allowed on this site, an quite frankly is frowned upon.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Thanks

We don't tolerate nor support warez talk