Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3Gs 3.1.2 uped to 4.1. Limera1n and now i have a wifi problem

Default 3Gs 3.1.2 uped to 4.1. Limera1n and now i have a wifi problem
    I bumped my 3.1.2 blackrained 3Gs up to 4.1 and then limera1ned it.

then I purchased the newer mywi.

now my iphone can't see wifi when I am around wifi.

Before I lose it does anyone have any pointers?

thanks

Mark

BTW I never tried the phone on a wifi between the limerain and the new mywi so as to which one actually caused the problem I am not sure. I would say limerain cause the mywi is not active and the phone cane see the wifi spots.

Thanks

you can try resetting the network settings, if that doesn't fix the problem, then uninstall mywi and check the wifi, if that doesn't correct the problem then i would restore again and check wifi before jailbreaking to make sure that it isn't a hardware issue, if not use greenpois0n to jailbreak and check wifi again, if it's okay reinstall mywi and check to see if that was indeed the culprit

That all sounds like the plan I was going to try but before
    I did I thought it may be a known issue with a fix. (Maybe it is and you just gave me the
    fix.)
    My question is how do you reset network settings? Is that an itune thing?
    Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It is under Settings-->General-->Reset. I do not recommend doing it though as it could lock up your phone. I would restore. Check the Wifi. Jailbreak. Check the Wifi. And then load MyWi. Check the Wifi.

Thanks

usually resetting network settings doesn't lock the phone up, at least in my experience, definitely resetting all setting and erase all settings and content will though

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    It is under Settings-->General-->Reset. I do not recommend doing it though as it could lock up your phone. I would restore. Check the Wifi. Jailbreak. Check the Wifi. And then load MyWi. Check the Wifi.
    Indeed I've never heard of "Reset Network Settings" locking up a phone before and I've done it on several phones which have arrived with non-working wifi.

But yes "Erase all content and settings" is bad bad bad!!!

I did the reset network settings. No change. I think I am going to backup some information with funbox and do a restore to new.
    Nothing on the phone other than contents that I need to save.
    I will let you know.

Mark
    P.s I have already done the 4.1 restore. This time how do I restore without going online? If I shift+restore will the 4.1 be there?

Thanks

if by going online you mean having to redownload the 4.1 firmware, then no it will already be there since you have downloaded it before