Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak Software

Default Jailbreak Software
    Hi,
    I am VERY new to all this, but recently became excited at the thought of jailbreaking. This morning I was able to jailbreak my iPod, but am extremely nervous about doing it myself on my iPhone. What does everyone think about jailbreak/ unlock software? I found a site, unlockediphone, which looks good and reputable, but wanted an opinion from before I did anything drastic.
    Thanks in advance for all comments/ suggestions!! ^_^

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

They are all scams, don't fall for it, what kind of help do you need to know.

Well...
    I followed a how to guide on this forum to jailbreak my iPod. Do you think I will have problems on my iPhone 4? I hear conflicting thoughts about iPhone 4's ability to even be jailbroken... Also, do you know if this voids my warranty, or will mess with my insurance plan on the phone?? I'm nervous because I spent so much on the phone, I do not want to risk it being unusable

Thanks

As long as you don't pay, then you can follow the instructions if you think the instrution is legit.
    You can always come here for help and tons of info here to read.
    Certainly , Apple will not allow jailbreaks but a restore to stock firmware would clear everything.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can always restore to remove the jailbreak if ever you need to take it to Apple. They usually won't do intense research into the phone to spot traces of jb, they'll look at the phone and if it doesn't LOOK jailbroken, they wont bother to look further.

I have 2 iPhone 4's in my house and I jailbroke both with Limera1n. Never had a problem with either except I had to redo the second one (restore and rejailbreak) cuz sometimes jailbreaks don't always fully do it right. But no worries, it won't brick your phone. You can use GreenPois0n as well. Just have to be on 4.1 to use these tools. There are tons of people here on MMi who jailbreak their iPhone 4's and you don't have to be left out

Don't worry too much. Any problem you run into, here on MMi, Yeow and I can usually guide you thru it and fix any issues you run into

Thank you guys so much for your comments! I have been googling a lot since my friend mentioned jailbreaking to me, but no one ever seemed to say anything about insurance plans.
    The only problem I've run into so far, if you could call it that, is that I was told you could run flash afterwards, but my iPod still won't? Is there an app in cydia to play these? Again, thanks so much for your help!!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

All apple devices don't play flash. There's a repo with a tweak called Frash that will allow for you to enable flash. Can't remember the repo tho so I'll be right back with it lol. Unless Yeow beats me to it.

Edit: in Cydia, you'll add the repo "repo.benm.at" then install Frash.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-18 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I went to cydia, but not sure what you mean by repo?? Sorry, still very noob lol

Thanks

In Cydia, go to manage sources , add the repo

Thanks!! You guys are awesome!! ^_^