Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T locking out jailbroken iPhones?

Default AT&T locking out jailbroken iPhones?
    My wife says she read (in some forum somewhere?) that AT&T is actively seeking out jailbroken iPhones and disabling them (somehow?) and once they do, they refuse to unlock them, forcing you to buy a new phone.

This sounds like paranoid B.S. to me - especially in light of the federal court ruling that specifically makes jailbreaking LEGAL. It also seems like a pretty unlikely thing for AT&T to do since most people would immediately stop being an AT&T customer if this happened to them!

Does anyone have any knowledge about this? I tried Googling this and the only thing I found that's even close is something about using over-the-air updates to force upgrades, but this is only on IOS4/iTunes 9.2 and above. And even then, if your blobs have been stored...
    Last edited by Donny Bahama; 2010-10-17 at 03:40 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Donny Bahama (2010-10-17)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

Donny Bahama (2010-10-17)

Quote Originally Posted by broomhead View Post
    +1 all bs
    +2 bs

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Really.....Seriously
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Heard this stupid rumor before. How would Att even know how one was jb'd and if it was, what do they care.

Att makes money on contacts, not phones. That's apples profit.

This rumor is a dumb as a "watermark for jb phones." hahahahb

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

My i4 got banned on AT&T like my XBox 360 on xbox live. AT&T wanted $300 dollars to unlock it. Don't take this to series it was just a joke. But for my XBox I did get banned for using beta firmware.