Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2g Stuck on Apple Logo - I searched before posting

Default Iphone 2g Stuck on Apple Logo - I searched before posting
    Hello people i'm new here and i've made an account because i have a problem with my iphone 2g .
    I had some problem with my cellular data and did a search on the net and it said after i do a network setting reset that will fix the problem , well i did that.
    But now my phone won't start booting , it's stuck on apple logo , i left it like that for 3h and still didn't open. it just dimmed the logo a bit and stayed like that.
    Many of you can say that i can do a restore, but i have some contact phone that i need to call tomorrow so i really need that phone number.
    Does anyone know any way to fix this? when it's on apple logo the wifi and the usb doesn't work , i had problems like this before but it was on a restart loop , and the wifi and usb worked before restarting so i had a small moment to fix the data from LaunchDaemons but now i can't do nothing.

after the network reeset it takes some time till it gets back up?

link refere Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhone 3GS stuck on Apple logo after ... ?
    Last edited by Alex_TNT; 2010-10-17 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

the problem is taht most likely you press "reset all settings" and not reset NETWORK settings. when you do the network reset, takes about a minute and goes back to normal, when you reset all settings, the phone gets stuck at that apple logo. try pressing and holding power and home button until phone turns off, then, with the phone off, hold the home button and THEN plug it into the USB on the computer (holding the home button)... keep holding until you get into recovery mode (itunes logo with usb cable on the phone) and then use tinyumbrella to kick out of recovery... that MIGHT work, but if you reseted ALL SETTINGS (which I think you did) you lost all your contacts and everything on the phone.. so your better off restoring

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dq13 For This Useful Post:

Alex_TNT (2010-10-18)

no i did what i said , because i follow the instructions said on
    Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhone 3GS stuck on Apple logo after ..., and i drain the power from the iphone. because i olso had android installed on the iphone (idroid) and i drained the power , after 1 day of working on it i had just 20% battery and i drained till 5/6% then went to ios and left it like that 20min till it drained all the power , and i don't know how it kicked the ios into gear but it did a restart again and off went the power so i had to charge it and after another 10min it started the ios normaly. and because i had ssh installed i know that , that restart loop has to do with /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ because one LaunchDaemons might do that but because of the network setting reset i didn't had the wifi conection on so i've used iphonebrowser that it's the same thing if you connect the iphone to usb. so the phone went to normal , p.s there no problem with any LaunchDaemons , and i managed to write down my contact phone number that i needed so i didn't do an "reset all settings"
    so for anyone who reads this in the future keep in mind to let the iphone drain the battery and then recharge it it might kick off the ios into gear.
    thanks dq13 i didn't know about "tinyumbrella to kick out of recovery"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm glad you got it back up and running without losing your info

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dq13 For This Useful Post:

Alex_TNT (2010-10-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys I am having the same problem. First thing I tried was DFU mode but that's also unresponsive. It's my old iPhone 2G so I don't mind loosing all the data since I plan on restoring it anyway, assuming I could get the computer/iTunes to pick it up.

Thanks

Did you try a reflash in DFU. Remember DFU is a black screen.

Go get Recboot on your PC it can push the device into or out of recovery mode