Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenpoison VS Limerain?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goliath6900 View Post
    ah i see. thank for the advice and infos.

just found out that there is already Pwnagetool 4.1.2. should i use this instead of the Pwnagetool 4.1?
    Yes, use the newest one (4.1.2). If you're not in a hurry, there's an update from Apple just around the corner (sometime this month) to 4.2 which pwnagetool will be updated to work with. The tool is generally released within about a week or so after the official firmware update. If you're happy with 4.1 though, you can go ahead and use pwnagetool 4.1.2 now.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

goliath6900 (2010-11-03)

i see. thanks again.

i'll be using the PwnageTool 4.1.2 and will be using the (Restore.ipsw) from here iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1] which was designed for PwnageTool 4.1. is this ok?
    Last edited by goliath6900; 2010-11-04 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goliath6900 View Post
    i see. thanks again.

i'll be using the PwnageTool 4.1.2 and will be using the (Restore.ipsw) from here iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1] which was designed for PwnageTool 4.1. is this ok?
    If you mean the link to the file "iPhone3,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw" then yes, that's fine. If you hover your mouse over it, you'll notice that it links to the same address as the page I posted earlier does. They're both downloading off of Apple's own servers.

You should however download pwnagetool 4.1.2 from the iPhone Dev Team's blog and not from the page you linked to, since the iClarified page links to PT 4.1 and you should be using PT 4.1.2
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

goliath6900 (2010-11-04)

@dhamien
    exactly the answer i was looking for! thank you very much. and the link you posted earlier made it so much easier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12