Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should i upgrade to 4.1?

Default Should i upgrade to 4.1?
    I'm quite happy with my iphone4 on 4.01. Now the jailbreakme method was stupidly simple which is great for a novice like me. Should i upgrade to 4.1 now? Or should i wait a while until any bugs are ironed out and maybe for a simpler method for the jailbreak?

I have a 2009 iMac and a carrier un-locked iphone 4.

Cheers....

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm content on 4.1 jb'd with Limera1n beta 4. My other phone is the same but jb with Limera1n official release. Sooo there are no bugs for me.

If you're happy without GameCenter or HDR photo capturing, then stay where you are. If you find you would like those features, then upgrade.

If you need to preserve your baseband to unlock, simply shift+restore to a stock 4.1 ipsw while running the TSS server (from TinyUmbrella).

Jb with either Limera1n or GreenPois0n.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

mac pakka (2010-10-20)

Thanks Anniex423.

I can live without HDR and Gamecentre but i would like them. Are there plans for another jailbreakme method?

P.S. Your 3rd line made no sense to me, just to illustrate what kind of level i am at.....

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Do you need your phone to be unlocked? If so, you will download TinyUmbrella on your computer, download the stock 4.1 firmware, then run the TSS server from TinyUmbrella, then open iTunes and shift+restore (option+restore for Mac) to the 4.1 firmware. That will preserve the baseband and maintain unlockability.

If you don't need an unlock, hit upgrade in iTunes.

Jailbreak with Limera1n or Greenpois0n after.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

mac pakka (2010-10-20)