Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken with Visual Voicemail issues

iPhone? More like MyPhone Loyalty's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Jailbroken with Visual Voicemail issues
    Hey guys I have an issue. I Jailbroke my iPhone with ZiPhone 2.3 with no problems when I got it about a month ago.....well I recently found out that I have had a problem. I never noticed it but my Visual Voicemail doesn't work.I forgot add, yes I have AT&T.

I had a few friends tell me that when they called my phone and it would go to voicemail that it would say:

"Welcome to AT&T voicemail. We need more information to direct your call to the appropriate voice mailbox. To leave a message please dial the 10 digit phone number of the person you're trying to call. If you have a mailbox on this system please press #"

If you press # it says "Mailbox number please."

I've tried entering my phone number for the mailbox # and it doesn't work. Is there something I need to do first? I could have sworn that after I jailbroke my phone I went to my visual voicemail and it said something about setting it up and I selected the default greeting ("You have reached ##########, please leave a message", or whatever that says :P).

I also tried holding down the #1 on the keypad. It dials the voicemail but obviously it says that I have no voicemails because people can't leave me messages. It does give me the personal options prompt and I've tried recording my name and it still doesn't go to voicemail when i'm called. I've tried searching for the past couple days but the problems I'm finding aren't exactly what I'm having. I read something about the Mailfix app from BigBoss will fix it but when I went to download it it said to only use it if you've used Nate's jailbreak method. I'd appreciate some help Thanks.
    Last edited by Loyalty; 2008-03-18 at 03:15 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

have you considered calling ATT? because if you've already set up your mailbox and people still can't leave a message, then i think the problem is not with your iphone

Thanks

Since I have a Jailbroken phone I try to stay away from AT&T as much as I can :P. I'm not 100% sure I set up my mailbox though. I thought I set up the password for my Visual Voicemail but again I'm not 100% sure. I'm guessing I could restore my phone, Jailbreak it again and put all my apps back on it and try it again but I'm trying to find another option first.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it doesn't matter. your phone is only jailbroken and not unlocked. you can easily "fix" that with a simple restore, and there's no way for ATT to know your phone is jailbroken just by talking to them on th ephone. you can always try restoring and jailbreaking again but it is a pain when you've alraedy done a lot of modding. so what happens when you press on the voicemail icon in the phone app?

Thanks

I'm actually on the phone with them now. I think they're found the issue and are fixing it as I type this . We'll see in a few seconds.

Well it looks like whatever they did didn't work. I'll have to call them when my girlfriend gets home so I have another phone for them to call me on while they're messing with mine. So AT&T doesn't have anyway to see that my phone has been Jailbroken over the phone right? They can't remote in to the phone or anything?
    Last edited by Loyalty; 2008-03-18 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost