View Poll Results: Which version are you on?

Voters
493. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose my mods and apps? No Way! I'm sticking with 1.0.2

264 53.55%
  • I'm hopin' someone finds a jailbreak soon, 'til then I'm stuck on 1.1.1

136 27.59%
  • Runnin 1.1.1, modded and lovin it!

93 18.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Who has updated to 1.1.1? POLL

Default Who has updated to 1.1.1? POLL
    Just wondering who is stepping up to 1.1.1 and who is holding on to their apps and mods.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

who would willingly trade NES, Blackjack, and a ton of other things for a few minor upgrades?
    I am the MacBook Pro

1.1.1 dosent give you anything worth losing it all for. Its more like a few upgrades bundles with a buch of new codes to keep us out :-/

seems like a lot of the 1.1.1 folks aren't voting, because the 1.1.1 released thread is filled with those people ******** about how there phone is screwed up or un-modable now
    Really?

Thanks

I "upgraded" my iPhone yesterday when the update was released...then again, I hadn't actually done anything in terms of modding to my iPhone. Till the next AppTapp version I'm stuck at 1.1.1

~S

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Waiting until iBrickr / AppTapp are made to work with new firmware. The Apple updates are great for Apple and revenue, not exciting for me at all. Would *far* rather be able to test and use great new native apps as they are developed ...

I wonder after updating to firmware 1.1.1, will it be possible to restore back to 1.02 using "SHIFT" + restore in iTunes, with my backup 1.02 firmware ?
    What if I got a new 1.1.1 iPhone from the store, will I be able to do that as well ?
    Anybody know ?

I pity the early upgraders.

Quote Originally Posted by shoei View Post
    I wonder after updating to firmware 1.1.1, will it be possible to restore back to 1.02 using "SHIFT" + restore in iTunes, with my backup 1.02 firmware ?
    What if I got a new 1.1.1 iPhone from the store, will I be able to do that as well ?
    Anybody know ?
    No and No

Default I appreciate the work the Dev's have put in, and will wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by listenclose View Post
    Mee tooo. I like my mods versus the Music store, and 'other' upgrades. If they included activesync then I would jump. So until then I use Synchronica.com for my non-Imap enabled Exchange account.

Quote Originally Posted by listenclose View Post
    No need for pity.

Only thing I miss is MobileChat, OpenSSH, Terminal, SummerBoard, DockSwap, iFlickr, NES, Tap Tap Revolution, BlackJack, Mobile Finder, RSBT, Pig Shooter, and...

OMG why did I update, seriously... lol

Honestly I don't really care and I can live without that stuff. Terminal, Open SSH, and MobileChat are the only things I used heavily and miss.

I upgraded so it was my doing.

Updated as well since I have not done any mods yet. I am still reading up on things and not very familiar with modding and such so I figured by the time I get up to speed the hackers/modders will have have the firmware update cracked.

yeah it really isn't a big deal to not have those things for a few weeks . . . I saved all my mods before going to 1.1.1 so if and when AppTapp becomes functional, it won't be much of a problem unless the springboard's been completely rewritten . . . all I really used was TTR and Sketches

Default I made the BIG mistake of upgrading...
    Quote Originally Posted by s2k View Post
    1.1.1 dosent give you anything worth losing it all for. Its more like a few upgrades bundles with a buch of new codes to keep us out :-/
    Totally agree, minor unnecessary updates, and stupid music store. Trust me, it's not worth it... I miss my apps...

I'm not doing the update. For those that were using Mobile Chat or Apollo the web based Flick IM or Mundu IM work really good. I actually use them more because the keyboard will turn sideways.

Default hmm bricked my phone and restored not knowing about the new firmware update
    or you could be a dumbass and brick your phone doing some heavy mods, and not know that 1.1.1 firmware came out!!!!, and restore your phone, now i cant even jail break and use my phone with t-mobile .. im stuck with this shitty other phone excaliber/t-mobile dash windows mobile 6 crap i feel like i've taken a step into the dark ages...lol...

.......note to self ...pay more attention to resent firmware blogs

Good to know.. now that itch i had that made me want to update is gone

Thanks

Im stupid....i just had to upgrade.....bricked phone but got new one by lying, what ever it takes....i miss all the apps.....I NEED TO BE SLAPPED.

Default I updated to 1.1.1
    I bit the bullet and updated my modded but locked phone; I'm fine with going app-less for now. This will probabley tick some pple off but I wasn't all that pumped about the 3rd party apps I had, the things I really want (flash, java, support for wireless headphones maybe a cirtix client) haven't come down the pipeline yet. I do miss my icons and ringtones though!

I'm sure the dev's will come out with a new way to jailbreak and we'll see even better apps then we have now. For now I'll have to wait hopefully not too long!

We should all chip in and by Nate True and the other devs a few cases of Redbull for their long nights.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast