Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with Iphone 3GS

Question Help with Iphone 3GS
    Hello
    last night I found a Iphone 3gs but it's got a passcode lock and disabled seem it's seem locked too
    I dont even know that os version is running...
    can I do anything with it?

Thanks
    Last edited by Mimix; 2010-10-16 at 11:07 AM.

Hand it in to the police? :P

The Police dont actively try to trace owners of lost items. They keep the item for x time until someone claims it and can prove it's theirs.
    I lost an Iphone a couple of years ago and unsurprisingly it was never found.
    Police have more serious priorities and undoubtedly the phone was insured so the owner wont get it back anyway...
    Once the phone is blocked by a network it gets 'written off' their accounts, they wont unlock it or do anything with it!!

If anyone can help at least let me know that is the best program I would be grateful
    Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Take it to att and see if they can get it back to its owner.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

On my boot images, i put on it this message, " If found , pleade return to tel: 1 xxx xxxxxxx , you will be rewarded"

If you have a local message board or something you could post that you found it on there, might get a small reward from the owner.

more u turn it on and all it might have a tracker mine does if its been jailbroken if not then only mobileme which is unlikely.

Ask around and see if anyone lost. if not just do a restore and count urself lucky as you have tried there isnt much more you can do.