Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G Unlock

Default iPhone 2G Unlock
    I was recently given an iPhone 2G. I was told it wasn't unlocked and I wish to jailbreak and unlock it. The phone is on the "Emergency Calls/Connect to iTunes" screen. When I put an unactivated AT&T SIM card in the phone and connect to iTunes, I eot this screen:

I've searched around, but I haven't been able to figure out what works and how to jailbreak or unlock it. Because I can't get past this screen in iTunes, I can't figure out which firmware the 2G is running. With no SIM card, iTunes tells me to put one in. With a T-Mobile SIM in, iTunes tells me it's the wrong SIM, which is obvious. I just haven't been able to find anything that works for me. Any help would be appreciated.

I should add that I can't put the phone into recovery mode. I hold the power button for three seconds and then the home button and the phone goes black and then the Apple logo comes up. I let go of the power button and keep holding home, but nothing happens. It's like the phone turns off. I have to press the power button again to turn it back on.

The above problem causes redsn0w to not be able to jailbreak the phone because it waits for the phone to enter recovery mode, but it never does. It just shuts off.

I'm not sure what's with this phone or what I need to do to be able to jailbreak and unlock it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Close the itunes and run this Redsnow to hactivate, jailbreak and unlock for you
    How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 2G Windows & OS X

I follow those instructions, but I get the same error as before with redsn0w:

I hold the power button for 3 seconds. Then I hold the power and home button for ten seconds. Then I let go of power, still holding home. The process seems to work normally until I let go of the power button. The Apple logo comes up and instead of entering recovery mode, the screen stays black for a bit and then the "Connect to iTunes" screen comes up and the countdown in redsn0w comes to an end.

Thanks

Do it again, your counting is wrong, I don't have a 2g anymore , so I don't know the exact counting.

Go to this link www.ih8sn0w.com and Download forecast. Plug in you devices and it's going to let you know which fw and devices do you have

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Do it again, your counting is wrong, I don't have a 2g anymore , so I don't know the exact counting.
    I followed the steps exactly as redsn0w gave them with how long to hold the buttons. I've tried it several times, but each time, the same thing happens: The phone boots up with the Apple screen for a few seconds, then it goes black. Then the Apple screen appears again and the phone goes back to the "Connect to iTunes" screen.

Quote Originally Posted by coltas24 View Post
    Go to this link iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and Download forecast. Plug in you devices and it's going to let you know which fw and devices do you have
    Thanks for that. It let me know which firmware I have:

Thanks

Did you download redsn0w 0.9.4, download 3.1.2 ipsw when running redsn0w, Bootneuter 3.9 and 4.6 ? Check only Install Cydia, Unlock.

Yes, I did each of those things.

Thanks

You are sure you have restored to 3.1.3 ipsw.
    All i can say to try again, I have done this a few months ago when someone brought it to me, I works like a charm. I don't know what is wrong now as I cannot physically touch it .

No, I haven't restored to 3.1.3. According to f0recast, I have 3.0. I can't restore to 3.1.3 because when I connect the phone to my computer and open iTunes, I get the screens I mentioned above. I never get the option to restore the phone to anything. I can't get past the screen trying to get me to activate the phone with AT&T.

Well if you have AT&T sim card jailbreak you device with spirit fw3.1.3 or on fw4.0 ,4.0.1 use jailbrekme.com

I have an AT&T sim card, but according to f0recast, I have firmware 3.0. Can I still use spirit with that, seeing as I can't restore to 3.1.3 in iTunes?

You may jailbreak with blackra1n

I tried jailbreaking with Blackra1n. The phone rebooted to the screen with the USB cable pointing to iTunes and didn't do anything else. so I re-tried with iTunes open, and iTunes picked up on an iPhone in recovery mode. It asked me to restore and update to 3.1.3. iTunes said it was preparing phone for restore and then I got an error:

All the while, the iPhone stayed in the USB cord to itunes screen and blackra1n kept saying "running..." and never did anything else.

You have to run redsn0w 0.8 if you want jailbreak 3.0 and make sure you download windows or Mac

When redsn0w 0.8 asks for the firmware, do I still point it to the 3.1.2 firmware?

Thanks

I did not ask you to use Redsn0w 0.8, I ask you to use 0.9.4, 0.8 is only for 3.0.

I was responding to coltas24 who told me to use 0.8. As I stated before, using his advice, I downloaded f0recast which told me I have the 3.0 firmware. Based on that, he told me to use 0.8.

Thanks

Ok, if you are at 3.0, then go for Redsn0w 0.8 to jailbreak.

Do I still use the 3.1.2 firmware with redsn0w 0.8?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast