Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: List jailbreak tweaks !!!

Default List jailbreak tweaks !!!
    ok, so im going to jailbreak my iphone 4 and i want to know if i can tweak things like:
    -change sms sounds
    -change logos on the status bar (like adding a message logo when i have a new message)

most importantly, tell me cool tweaks that i can do

Once you jailbreak it, just go to the "tweaks" section in Cydia.
    There should be over 70 (some do the same thing though).

Oh, yes and yes to both your questions.

What's Jailbreak? HowtoJailbreak's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like a list of the tweaks that work well with iOS 4.1, I need a few more.

Thanks

you can't honestly expect someone to do all the ground work for you. Do some searching here and on google.

What's Jailbreak? HowtoJailbreak's Avatar
    Thanks

No, I didn't expect a full list, probably didn't word my post right.

Just wondered what individual tweaks people had that they found useful.

No idea about logo in message bar as i find apples own locked screen indications of sms fine but if you want SMS notification, email and voice mail alerts spoken to you in a pleasant way then "Talking Alerts" still works fine and imo beats sounds for alerts as you know straight away whats come in and whether you might want to ignore it if your busy

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Speed tweaks are the best

No direct app to do so but it speeds up the phone pretty nicely. YouTube "delete unused language packs on iPhone". Teaches you how to as it says, delete all unused language packs except for English and Japanese (or manually deleting the ones you don't want).

That's the first thing I do to all my jb iPhones. Takes a little bit of work (SSH and mobileterminal use) but at least you'll get a slightly faster phone and a learning experience on using SSH and mobileterminal

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Speed tweaks are the best

No direct app to do so but it speeds up the phone pretty nicely. YouTube "delete unused language packs on iPhone". Teaches you how to as it says, delete all unused language packs except for English and Japanese (or manually deleting the ones you don't want).

That's the first thing I do to all my jb iPhones. Takes a little bit of work (SSH and mobileterminal use) but at least you'll get a slightly faster phone and a learning experience on using SSH and mobileterminal
    you can delete japanese, just not emoji in the textinput folder.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I know

There are two separate language packs to insert via SSH. one that removes all but English and Japanese, and one where you can manually choose which ones you wanna keep/delete. I just choose to use the one with English and Japanese kept, cuz I'm too lazy to type "y" or "n" in mobileterminal for the large number of languages available