Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool vs Limera1n vs Greenpois0n

Default PwnageTool vs Limera1n vs Greenpois0n
    I have a 3GS old bootroom. Gonna upgrade to 4.1 now from 3.1.2.

Why should I wait/prefer PwnageTool over Limera1n or Greenpois0n?

Can someone clear these things out?
    Thanks!

just use any all do the same job I do it now before 4.1.1 or 4.2 comes out

Depends on if you rely on unlocking/hacktivation/etc. If you're on the default carrier, go ahead and use limera1n/greenpois0n. Otherwise, wait for Pwnagetool.

Edit: Of course, we still don't know when pwnagetool is coming out, so if you're gonna wait for it I'd suggest downloading and not installing, then grabbing your SHSH's with Tinyumbrella. Just to be safe.

Plus pwnage tool prob wont work on your phone due to notes on it say just A4 chip devices but i could be wrong but i used greenpois0n and limera1n on two different devices and both work great plus they use the same exploit

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
    Plus pwnage tool prob wont work on your phone due to notes on it say just A4 chip devices but i could be wrong but i used greenpois0n and limera1n on two different devices and both work great plus they use the same exploit
    I believe you're wrong on the pwnagetool thing. The A4 bootrom exploit was held back in favor of geohot's exploit that did work on the bootroms of all 3rd gen and newer devices.

Besides, even if it didn't OP has old bootrom so the old 24kpwn exploit would make pwnagetool work on his device anyway.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (2010-10-18)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Nope, both were bootrom but only one was released and one was kept.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is there really a difference with any of the three? In my opinion, JailbreakMe was the best.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Jailbreakme was the easiest, but Pwnage is the best IMO. More difficult that the others, but much better long term.

I would recommend waiting on Pwnage so you don't update your baseband. Even if you don't need unlock now, you never know when you might. The exception being if you have an iPhone that was unlocked from the factory, then it wouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    I believe you're wrong on the pwnagetool thing. The A4 bootrom exploit was held back in favor of geohot's exploit that did work on the bootroms of all 3rd gen and newer devices.

Besides, even if it didn't OP has old bootrom so the old 24kpwn exploit would make pwnagetoo
    l work on his device anyway.
    Like i said i could be wrong