Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: openssh not working after limera1n JB. Iphone 4

Default openssh not working after limera1n JB. Iphone 4
    Is anyone else having problems to ssh in there phone4 running 4.1?
    It seems that that everytime i need to ssh to the phone i need to reinstall openssh from cydia and only then it works.
    After a while if try to connect it, i get error that "server closed connection unexpectedly".

i even restored the phone and JB all over again but still the same issue

This is a silly question, but have you installed openSSH on your phone and winSCP on your computer (if you are using PC)?

Try again keeping the wifi data page open (the one in settings). I find that usually helps.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Have you installed mobileterminal and generated the keys yet ?

hehe,, ofcourse i've installen openssh on the phone....im not new at this, been doing it for years.

@yeow202, you dont need to generate keys with mobile terminal. the ssh client on the pc will get the keys generated when it tries to connect... i think i have figured it out. Still not sure what was causing the problem..Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a few problems with SSH. It connects normal on first attempt and works for a while, but if I stop using it for more than 5 mins (if I stop moving files etc) then it loses connection, and I have to close and reopen WinSCP. I'm not sure if this is due to using insomnia or if it's just a problem with OpenSSH. It's not much of a big deal, just annoying

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

yeh, its kind of the same problem for me, but in my case when it stops working, i have to reinstall openssh to make it work again...its like the ssh daemon, stops and is never restarted again. Not even after a reboot...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alirz View Post
    yeh, its kind of the same problem for me, but in my case when it stops working, i have to reinstall openssh to make it work again...its like the ssh daemon, stops and is never restarted again. Not even after a reboot...
    Have you tried iphone pc suite ?

I'm having the same problem. Need to reinstall OpenSSH each time I need to SSH in again. Like the OP said: not new to this. I've had a jailbroken iPhone since the original, and 4.1 on the iPhone 4 is working oddly.

I've figured out that the service is in fact running (kind of). I am able to telnet to port 22 and it's alive, but terminates immediately. Such a pain.