Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: TV out not working after jailbreak 4.1

  1. #1
    Default TV out not working after jailbreak 4.1
    After I jailbroke my 4.1 iPhone 3GS the TV out feature stopped working. I can head audio while it's connected but I get no video playback. I know alot of people are having this same problem wondering if anyone has found a solution?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by 305kidd View Post
    After I jailbroke my 4.1 iPhone 3GS the TV out feature stopped working. I can head audio while it's connected but I get no video playback. I know alot of people are having this same problem wondering if anyone has found a solution?
    Please be more specific so the problem can be diagnosed.

    Apps you have running for starters etc.

    Remember- a lot of cydia apps ARE NOT updated to 4.1 compatability. I know for a fact an app on Cydia for your issue wasn't currently compatible with 4.1.

    Kinda sucks but they will come around.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  3. #3
    I have iphone 4 on 4.1 and i use tvout with no problems at all.... i also must use resuported 4 as my wire wont work without it

  4. #4
    What I mean is that I can't play any of my videos from my ipod on a tv. I always connect my iPhone to my tv for video playback but ever since I jailbroke it it stopped working. I can still hear sound playing from the tv but no video

  5. #5
    Default Same Problem with TV out on Jailbroken ipod touch 2g on 4.1
    I am having the same problems with my 2g ipod touch. I have jailbroken it with redsnow and greenpois0n and both times after Cydia has been installed, my tv out function has not worked. I have standard apple cables and no video out is capable. It sounds like this is common on all devices. If anyone has an update or knows a remedy that would be great.

  6. #6
    Same problem here. The Apple TV Out was working fine on my jailbrocken iPhone 3G, as soon as I installed 4.1 with Pwnage 4.1 it stopped...only audio and no video at all...I'm talking about the "standard" feature, not of the Cydia apps (I tried a couple of them as well...no success). HELP!
    Last edited by pekisch; 2010-10-24 at 02:33 AM.

  7. #7
    Default Install TVOut2 Mirror TV Out in Cydia
    I had the same problem. Installing "TVOut2 Mirror TV Out" in Cydia resolved it. The ipod video out on my TV works as it should again, and just as good as it was before 4.1

    Although the real issue here is that we need Saurik to know that Cydia is breaking TV out somehow...

    Quote Originally Posted by pekisch View Post
    Same problem here. The Apple TV Out was working fine on my jailbrocken iPhone 3G, as soon as I installed 4.1 with Pwnage 4.1 it stopped...only audio and no video at all...I'm talking about the "standard" feature, not of the Cydia apps (I tried a couple of them as well...no success). HELP!

  8. #8
    Default Yes, it works but...
    m1le5, thank you! Yes, TVOut2 Mirror TV Out kind of fixed the issue, even though I'm not sure the output is as good as it was before. I'll do some more test w/ my old iPhone2G (on which TV-Out still works) and let you know my conclusions. Thanks!

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Default Yes, Resupported4 fixes the problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by camperchuck View Post
    Thanks guys, it works for me!

  11. #11
    Default Same here
    The same is happening to my jailbroken iPhone 3Gs , well at least it was jailbroken bcos now I've reset it and the problem remains

  12. #12
    I have the same problem. After jailbreaking with greenpoiSon I get terrific audio but no video when using video out. I get great video directly on the IPOD touch. Would love if there was a solution.

    By the way, this is my first post.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutor View Post
    I have the same problem. After jailbreaking with greenpoiSon I get terrific audio but no video when using video out. I get great video directly on the IPOD touch. Would love if there was a solution.

    By the way, this is my first post.
    Tutor, as I said in a previous message Resupported fixed the issue for me. It costs a few bucks, though

  14. #14
    Thank you

    Will i find resupported on cydia?

    Installed resupported 10 day trial. Works good only a slight loss in quality very slight.

    thank you for helping me.

    Tutor
    Last edited by Tutor; 2011-02-12 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •