Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n question

Default limera1n question
    i dunno where to find the answer to this question so i'm making a new thread.

if i do the new jailbreak, is there any way to set my phone up the exact same way it is right now? or will everything i've purchased or downloaded be gone?

Thanks

as long as you are just jailbreaking and not restoring to a new firmware and then jailbreaking nothing will change on the phone except of course the addition of cydia

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    as long as you are just jailbreaking and not restoring to a new firmware and then jailbreaking nothing will change on the phone except of course the addition of cydia
    Right now I'm on 4.0.1 with the old jailbreak on my iphone 4. So, with this new jailbreak I will be using the 4.1 update. I already have cydia and everything on my current jailbreak. From what I've seen of this jailbreak, you dont even have cydia when you get it going, you have to download it immediately.

My worry is that if it's not even gonna start off with cydia, that it's probably not gonna start off with my other stuff.

Thanks

when you restore it will wipe the phone clean (just like it was when you bought and took it out of the box), you will need to sync with iTunes before you restore and re-sync afterwards (do not restore from backup...set up as new phone), once you are jailbroken then go back into cydia a get all your apps back (you will not have to repay for the ones you have already bought)

I have downloaded more stuff from cydia than I can even remember. And it all works perfectly right now. There is no way to back up the way it is right now? I do NOT wanna have to re-download everything I've already got.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The only way is to use pkgbackup or aptbackup from Cydia then restore from back up. Restoring from back up is not recommended, that's why J3st3r3 said to set up as new. Restoring from back up can cause/carry over problems from a previous jb, so... Yeah.