Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS - 4.1 JB/Unlock

Default 3GS - 4.1 JB/Unlock
    Hello I haven't really kept up with JBing and Unlocking scene since comex released his 4.0 exploit (Jailbreakme)

Thing is I just plugged in my iPhone and iTunes automatically deleted all my Apps (Anyone know how to stop this in the future?) so I thought now would be a good time to restore and upgrade.

I have SH files for 4.0 so says Tinyumbrella and can safely be restored. So I am just wondering, should I upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1? Which tool should I use to do it and will ultrasn0w unlock it? - I have base band 05.13.04.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

In Itunes, under Edit > Preference > uncheck " check for updates automatically "
    Do not upgrade to 4.1 , the baseband cannot be unlocked yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YdnAK47 View Post
    Hello I haven't really kept up with JBing and Unlocking scene since comex released his 4.0 exploit (Jailbreakme)

Thing is I just plugged in my iPhone and iTunes automatically deleted all my Apps (Anyone know how to stop this in the future?) so I thought now would be a good time to restore and upgrade.

I have SH files for 4.0 so says Tinyumbrella and can safely be restored. So I am just wondering, should I upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1? Which tool should I use to do it and will ultrasn0w unlock it? - I have base band 05.13.04.

Thanks again.
    If you downloaded those apps while you were on your iPhone using the app store and you didn't transfer them to your iTunes library, iTunes will remove them if you have app syncing enabled. To avoid this in the future, go to File > Transfer purchases from iPhone. Do this whenever you get new apps and are about to sync, so you won't lose any.

Upgrading to stock 4.1 will result in having a baseband that cannot be unlocked (5.14.02). Since you rely on an unlock, stay away from it.

Thanks for the replies. The apps like Angry birds etc are all from Installous.

Thanks

Pirated apps aren't welcome here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dotFIVE View Post
    Pirated apps aren't welcome here.
    +1....you will get no help here with pirated apps/warez... it's much easier to buy them and support the developers so they continue to write them