Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TinyUmbrella Problem.

Default TinyUmbrella Problem.
    I have an iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0.2. I'm trying to jailbreak it, but it keeps failing for some odd reason. :/

I downloaded TinyUmbrella to save my SHSH Blobs, weird thing is, is that when I save my 4.0.2 blobs and then I go to Display SHSHs, it says 'Devices... iPhone4 4.1 (8B117)... yet I don't have 4.1 on my phone, I have iPhone4 4.0.2 (8A400).

Is something wrong?

You don't have 4.0.2 SHSH blobs saved because your phone was not jailbroken during the 4.0.2 signing window.

You have 4.1 SHSH blobs because TinyUmbrella will get blobs for you that are available. 4.1 are still available because 4.2 is not released yet.

Not sure why you need the SHSH blobs anyway? What exactly is the problem you're having with jailbreaking? Which software are you using to jailbreak? Where does it go wrong?

it's set to that by default..select the correct OS you have via the drop down and you will be fine. Are you updating your OS as well to 4.1? might as well, but make sure you run TU server when doing it to preserve your baseband...

4.1 has a few fixes and game center, HDR and what not...

I want to Jailbreak and Unlock my iPhone 4 as I am about to go overseas for a month and would like to bring my iPhone with me, instead of having to purchase a new phone.

Currently I have an iPhone 4 on 4.0.2. It is not Jailbroken nor unlocked.

I tried unlocking it with Limera1n and it was a 'No Go'. I tried multiple times. I reset my computer and tried different USB ports as well and it was still a 'No Go'.

I then used Greenpois0n and had the same outcome. NOTHING.

So I am trying to save my SHSH Blobs, so that I can upgrade, yet I read that if I upgrade to 4.1 it will update my baseband and that the new baseband is not unlockable as of now.

Here are screenshots of my Cydia (disregard the 3GS it is another phone I have).

I just want to ensure that my baseband will NOT BE UPDATED.

Well there is a way to upgrade to 4.1 on iPhone 4 using TinyUmbrella which does not update the baseband but I have never had an iPhone 4 so I don't know the process exactly. I'm sure if you use the search function you can find a thread with a how-to.

working now
    Last edited by loi0iol; 2010-10-14 at 07:25 AM.

I tried Limera1n and GrenPois0n and neither have worked.

That's why I want to be sure to keep my baseband if I do update.

If you do the TinyUmbrella method that is described in other posts, you will preserve your baseband.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bellyfrog View Post
    If you do the TinyUmbrella method that is described in other posts, you will preserve your baseband.
    I can verify that it will infact preserve your babseband, it's super easy, just open tinyumbrella, start the TSS server, open iTunes and use shift+restore (pc) or option+restore (Mac) and point iTunes at your 4.1 ipsw file, when the restore is complete you will get a 1004 error which is normal (it means your baseband was not updated), use tinyumbrella to kick your phone out of recovery (from the error) and you will be good to go with either limera1n or greenpois0n to jailbreak, then install ultrasn0w from Cydia to unlock

It did work.

Thanks.

Now they have this annoying message saying "Waiting for activation... This may take a while."... it's been there for about 30 min.

Also does anyone know if this method works on iPhone 3GS? I have an old 3GS on 3.1 and would like to upgrade it to 4.1, but have it unlocked as well.

Thanks

it only works for the iPhone 4

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jfontestad View Post
    It did work.

Thanks.

Now they have this annoying message saying "Waiting for activation... This may take a while."... it's been there for about 30 min.

Also does anyone know if this method works on iPhone 3GS? I have an old 3GS on 3.1 and would like to upgrade it to 4.1, but have it unlocked as well.
    You need to put the original SIM in to activate it. Or get Tiny to kick it out of boot at least. Once it is activated run Limera1n RC1 and it will jailbreak then install ultrasnow.

Regarding the 3GS it will not keep the baseband and there is no ulock for it yet. You could update to 4.01 as long as you have the shsh saved with Cydia and unlock with ultrasn0w
    Let me know if you have any problem
    Last edited by Richard; 2010-10-14 at 02:40 PM.
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button