Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: advice needed please?

Default advice needed please?
    hi all, 1st sorry if iv posted in wrong place,

is there a step by step tutorial for jailbreaking my 3gs with limerain?(i dont need an unlock as im on o2 an am keeping with o2) as im not sure were to start,
    here is my details of were my phones at now...

.. iphone 3gs
    on version 3.1.3(7e18)
    jailbroke with spirit.
    i just dload newest itunes, and limerain ready,..but....
    do i need to back up my iphone? an can i just press restore on itunes so it puts the newest ios4 on my iphone? (does limerain jailbreak the newest ios?
    sorry if this is hard to understand im just trying to explain were im at,
    an thanks very much in advance for any help..(im hoping theres a step by step easy to follow tutorial,
    thanks , mike

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by souldriver View Post
    hi all, 1st sorry if iv posted in wrong place,

is there a step by step tutorial for jailbreaking my 3gs with limerain?(i dont need an unlock as im on o2 an am keeping with o2) as im not sure were to start,
    here is my details of were my phones at now...

.. iphone 3gs
    on version 3.1.3(7e18)
    jailbroke with spirit.
    i just dload newest itunes, and limerain ready,..but....
    do i need to back up my iphone? an can i just press restore on itunes so it puts the newest ios4 on my iphone? (does limerain jailbreak the newest ios?
    sorry if this is hard to understand im just trying to explain were im at,
    an thanks very much in advance for any help..(im hoping theres a step by step easy to follow tutorial,
    thanks , mike
    hey, first of all is your OS 32bit or 64bit because there are problems with 64bit.
    what i would suggest is a fresh (DFU mode) restore to 4.1 which will update the baseband to 05.14 i believe but if you don't need an unlock thats fine.
    you can make a backup, but restoring data from a previous JB can cause problems. but make one incase you want to go back to 3.1.3 (if you have your SHSH files stored that is)
    once all prepared, put your device into DFU mode (google if you don't know how) and select to restore and it will tell you there is an update, choose to restore and update.
    after itunes has done its thing, set up as a new iphone (restore from backup if you want but it can cause problems) and once you have synced you data on (you can continue without syncing data first) your choice.
    i suggest using greenpois0n from greenpois0n - Mmmm...pois0n it is the same as limera1n, but with fewer issues in my experience.
    when your device is plugged in, turn off completely and open greenpois0n/limera1n.exe and follow the onscreen instructions to get your device into DFU mode, then greenpois0n will let you press the jailbreak button, limera1n does it automatically.
    with greenpois0n you will see verbose boot and limera1n you will see the droplet onscreen.
    once rebooted press on the loader (greenpois0n) or limera1n (obvs limera1n) and install cydia.
    then after that you should be all done enjoy
    and sorry for the long guide lol
    c00k1e

Thanks for advice mate I'm gonna do it today. Better it a long reply then just a few lines that dint explain much :-). Cheers.