Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Begging For Urgent Help! - All apps and music are lost at both iphone and itunes!!!

Unhappy Begging For Urgent Help! - All apps and music are lost at both iphone and itunes!!!
    Hi all,

I just backed up my iphone 3gs running on spirit jailborken 4.0.1 via itunes and downloaded the latest version itunes, 10.0.1.22.
    Then i updated my ios to 4.1 via itunes. There something seemed odd but i didnt care at the moment. There were native apps on my iphone and all the rest that i purchased from appstore were missing... I thought that it could be resolved after syncing with my latest backup. Then i used greenpois0n to jailbreak and got my cydia on my springboard. Everything was fine till then. Lastly i tried to sync the latest backup with iphone in order to transfer the apps and music which were present a few minutes ago but nothing happened!!!!
    At the moment i see no apps nor music in my itunes, they are all empty, nothing, not a single file!!!
    Guys, i beg for anyones help who has an idea, anything, any thought... I had all my documents, my personal files, etc saved at the apps and now im totally lost, dead...

FYI, i left clicked the iphone tab at itunes and tried to restore with every single file at i could find but nothing changed. Only the wallpaper that i used during that period shows up but no app nor the music files!!!!

Any help would highly be appreciated!

I'm not to sure if I am understanding your problem but from what I understand it sounds like you may want to try closing iTunes all the way then hold shift I believe while re-opening iTunes then choose the correct iTunes library.....you may have inadvertently switched over to a different library while trying to JB your iPhone .......mind you I haven't finished my first cup of morning coffee yet so I may be wrong.....and btw if it goes wrong the first time around you should try and search all the forums before trying anything else so you don't brick your device.....

Dude, thank you so much, thank you so so much....
    i dont know what to say....
    just opening itunes with shift and choosing the lilbary brought everything back...
    i owe you...
    thank you so much...