Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g(3.1.2os) want to JB & use OS4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3g(3.1.2os) want to JB & use OS4
    Ok, I already am familiar to an extent with all that acompanies jailbreaking. I currently am running OS 3.1.2 j/b via "blackra1n"

I've already backed up using ssh my address book which in all reality is the only real thing that would matter if accidentally deleted.
    I followed the OS 4 guide and found on the grid that redsnow9.3 was what i needed.

So that leads me to my quick question about the steps.

1. what are the actual steps i could take to preserve the iphones current state except it will be on the current 4OS
    2. do i need to bring my phone BACK to factory setting and go ahead with redsnow and after that THEN upgrade via itunes?

Download Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 for iOS 4.1 Jailbreak to Fix Error 17 / 40 and Hacktivation Issues | Redmond Pie

It includes info on saving your stuff via itunes (via backup)

You can reinstall most stuff in Cydia manually, just take a note of the installed packages and repos and add them back in at the end. Most licences are tied to you IMEI I believe. You may need to buy them again for iOS 4.0 compatible versions.

You can of course use redsnow too!
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-10-13 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost