Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are my SHSH files saved? Am i finally safe? (Image included) i promose to give thanks!

Default Are my SHSH files saved? Am i finally safe? (Image included) i promose to give thanks!
    Hello,

after months of being worried, i ran jailbreakme.com on my iphone3gs.

it was a 4.0 and i could NOT jailbreak by any other means.
    i was super worried about not being able to restore to 4.0 and losing my chance to unlock FOREVER so i really really got worried when it was stuck for 10 minutes at the jailbreaking screen...

but it installed cydia. i ran it, rebooted and then ran cydia again.

i ran firmwareumbrella and this time it looked like this:

so now f0recast reads this:

Then rain firmwareumbrella again and got this:

so am i safe or not?!?
    ultimatley i want to be able to work with this device. its really bothersome that i have to worry about that freak day where my iphone just decides it needs a restore. in two years it has happened to me, and i need a way back to 4.0.

i also want to unlock. please help advise. thanks!

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

All looks fine to me.

It says you have 3 shsh files saved. if you click show my shsh files it will tell you which are backed up. I assume they are 4.0,4.0.1 and 4.0.2 ?

if they are then you will be able to go back to these anytime all you will have to do is point run Tiny and point it to the firmwear you want to RESTORE too.

Hope this put you mind to rest
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

vegassteven (2010-10-13)

So then they're stored locally on my computer, and it says so each time I run but it doesn't see them stored on Cydia.

I thought that cydia backed them up. My old old phone had them backed up and I had the message telling me so.

I've not checked my pc. I don't know how anything past 4.0 could be stored as that's all I have.

Why did it go from saying cydia DOES have them on file to DOES NOT? that bothers me. Could someone explain?

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vegassteven View Post
    So then they're stored locally on my computer, and it says so each time I run but it doesn't see them stored on Cydia.

I thought that cydia backed them up. My old old phone had them backed up and I had the message telling me so.

I've not checked my pc. I don't know how anything past 4.0 could be stored as that's all I have.

Why did it go from saying cydia DOES have them on file to DOES NOT? that bothers me. Could someone explain?
    Hi

If you clik on the "Click here to open" in Tiny it will show you where you shsh files are saved. So yes they are saved on your PC.

Cydia is overloaded at the moment so thats why it is not showing them on the home screen. Mine showed then went again too. Just be wait for Saurik to catch up i am sure he is very busy as you can imagin.

The last thing Tiny only backs up current firmwear i.e 4.1 at the moment (once apple stops signing even Cydia can not save them) So you are not able to back up your SHSH file for older firmwears once apple stops signing (thats why you MUST back up each time there is a new firwear) tiny will back them up even if they are not on your phone e.g when 4.2 comes out you can get Tiny to save you SHSH file even though you are on 4.1.
    Dont worry just click in show my SHSH files and it will show you what is backed up. And as long as it has the one you want you will be fine as CYDIA sign it not APPLE.

Hope this clears it up for you ?
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

vegassteven (2010-10-13)

well sort of.
    it says three devices can be restored correctly,

an iphone 3gs with one serial number and it says its a 3.1.2
    --this makes sense because i recently jailbroke a phone at this firmware. i need verify its unlocked and then learn how to make a custom ipsw to upgrade it to 4.0

a second iphone with ios 4.0.2 and a different serial numbber than the first

a third iphone listed as ios 4.1 with the same serial number as the 4.0.2

strange to me though AGAIN as i am NOT running anything but 4.0 on my iphone and never have connected a device with 4.0.2 or 4.1 to my pc.

that is wha ti am not getting.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You don't have to be on 4.0.2 or 4.1 to have SHSHs for then. Once you authorize Cydia to save your SHSHs, the new firmware versions automatically get saved. You can be on 4.0 but have SHSHs for 4.0.1 to 4.1.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

vegassteven (2010-10-13)

ok now that makes sense. so if it were firmware 4.2 it would have that one too.

so from here on in i can only use MY LAPTOP to restore as i need to run umbrella as a server to trick itunes.

got it.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

That's exactly right.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

vegassteven (2010-10-13)