Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JBd... now what? Uber Nub needs help w/ Installer

Default JBd... now what? Uber Nub needs help w/ Installer
    So, I just JBd my phone, except I can't figure out how to install anything. I'm running 4.1 iOS and used the new JB that just came out (TY so much greenpoison) I've been going nuts trying to find this "Installer" app that every site keeps telling me to use.

I'm trying to install snes4iphone onto my phone. I've tried several methods using iPhoneBrowser, but to no avail.

Can anyone help me out? Please keep in mind I'm an uber nub at iphone hacks, so yell at me with consideration...

Thanks

Do you have Cydia installed?? Just remember that not all apps have been updated as of yet.

Yes, I have Cydia installed and it says that I have the Cydia installer installed, but there's no icon for it. Every source and video I've watched starts out with some 13 year old going, "Ok, just click on installer"

It's seriously making me want to bite a baby's head off...

I'm basically trying to install a .deb file manually. (specifically the SNES Emu) and some other stuff, but no documentation I've found can tell me how to do it successfully. Everything I've tried hasn't worked. I've made custom folders in iPhoneBrowser, searched far and wide for another source to DL this "Installer" app, which according to Cydia, I already have installed...

I'm goin nuts...

FYI I'm on a PC.
    Last edited by apennismightier; 2010-10-13 at 06:15 AM.

youtube has alot of info..

Basic stuff is using cydia load winterboard to customize your iphone. I pretty much do it for that and a few apps. Mywi4 and my3g are my bigs ones for me and Classified HD theme.

You can find alot of free goodies out there. Just be cautious and research and you will be fine. I checked these forums as top 5 JB apps here at MODMYi to start off my JB life

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Be careful, read and make sure the app has been updated for 4.1 as was stated. I have found myself that there some not there yet, which put me in the endless boot cycle and had to restore and re-jailbreak. A ton of app are ported for 4.0.1 but not 4.1 yet, give them time, it will happen.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2010-10-13 at 06:37 AM.

installer is the old cydia....it doesnt exist anymore. seems to me the nes emulator is in cydia in the games section!? im too lazy to check

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Snes4iphone is available in Cydia. It is a package you pay for. There is no reason for you to need to manually install the .deb.

I figured it out. Thank you all. Honestly, I already get effed in the *** by iTunes and I don't feel like shelling out another 6 bucks to Cydia. I found a hacked version and figured out how to install everything via iPhoneBrowser. If anyone else wants to know how, PM me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apennismightier View Post
    I figured it out. Thank you all. Honestly, I already get effed in the *** by iTunes and I don't feel like shelling out another 6 bucks to Cydia. I found a hacked version and figured out how to install everything via iPhoneBrowser. If anyone else wants to know how, PM me.
    You get ****** because you have to pay for other people's hard work? Do you work for free yourself? It's $6 ....
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by apennismightier View Post

Keep hacked/cracked app speak OUT of this web site. No one will stand for it here and you will risk getting NO help.

Just a reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi