Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Backup cydia packages?

Default Backup cydia packages?
    Can I back up my cydia packages on 4.0.1 so I can upgrade to 4.1 and jailbreak then restore my cydia apps back?

iPhone 4
    Windows 7

aptbackup in cydia works it saves your settings you just have to redownload your packages afterwards but it keeps all of your settings and stuff saved

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DevouredDreams For This Useful Post:

Nima2007 (2010-10-13)

What do you mean by settings you mean the list of packages or settings app?

it hides all of your cyida packages in a list that backs up with itunes backup, then after restore it will use that list to query and download everything from cydia again. I believe it stores any personalized settings from the cydia apps in the aforementioned itunes backup

i used pkgbackup, it saves all of your cydia packages as a contact, then you backup your phone in itunes, restore your phone, then restore from backup. next re-jailbreak your phone and reinstall pkgbackup then load your old packages up

Aptbackup does not restore settings. Nothing can do that yet for some reason. Chronus used to do it but the dev abandoned Chronus. Pkgbackup is the best for reinstalling all your installed cydia packages but it doesn't do settings.