Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Store not working after Limera1n 4.1

Default App Store not working after Limera1n 4.1
    I have an iPhone 4 on 4.1
    Just jailbreaked with LimeRa1n, and App Store stopped working. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanksn

was the same story with 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 using jailbreakme.com .... dunno what the issue is, but just use sbsettings to go into safemode and you cant download apps from there

its probably the same story for your itunes app

thanks for your reply.

the problem's solved, but it took some time. when i entered into app store, it just freezes at loading... but after a lot of time it normalized and is working fine.

thanks,

Anyone else experiencing this? I can update already purchased apps, but AppStore crashes when trying to install new apps.
    Last edited by SP3CIALBL3ND; 2010-10-15 at 11:11 PM.

I had the same problem. In my case, it turned out to be caused by Categories. Removing the App Store app from a folder and rebooting solved the problem.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveiPhone For This Useful Post:

buguy67 (2011-03-08)

Looks like he was right.... I used sbsettings to hide app store app. I just unhid it, restored and it worked! Weird

Same problem here. Not caused by categories. I have yet to find a solution.

Categories was definitely the culprit. Never experienced this on 3.1.2/3 or 4.0.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Did you guys know if for some reasons your icons dissappear but you can see it in your spotlight search, you can bring it back by installing categories > then make a folder > then search for the missing icons and repspring > it will be in the folder . Then remove the icon and respring > your dissappeared icon will come back to your springboard.