Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is your wifi not working after limera1n?

why would it affect an unlock as its not as if it updates baseband given you do it on the phone without the help of itunes.

I can conceive it might upset what settings ultrasnow has changed to make an unlock work but surely reinstalling ultrasnow would freshen those.

Where is this option? Is it in iTunes?

on the phone

SETTINGS -> GENERAL -> Reset (at the very bottom) -> Reset Network Settings

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbroken with limera1n have no problem!

My phone shows the wifi in the menu, shows a tick but won't display wifi symbol. I turned off mobile (cellular) data to see whether it was just a graphics thing - and it shows the wifi symbol when Cellular data is off - it won't connect though...

This has happened to me twice now - once jailbroken on 4.0.1 and now on jailbroken 4.1 (to fix on 4.0.1 had to restore back to apple's stock 4.1 firmware without jailbreak as it wasn't available for 4.1)
    So have jailbroken again finally since Limera1n was released and the problem has reared its ugly head again - it worked fine for a few days so trying to pinpoint now what I've installed since that could be interfering.

Reboot - failed
    Reset Network Settings - failed
    Turned wifi off and rebooted - failed
    Forgot the network and re-paired - failed
    Removed openssh - failed
    Removed sbsettings - failed.

Only other things I've installed from cydia are iFile, safari download manager and the app installer that's name is censored on here (I like to try before I buy).

Any other suggestions...
    Last edited by dragonUK82; 2010-10-19 at 07:29 PM. Reason: modded term (sorry!)

I reset network settings and it seems to have fixed the problem. The only other thing i did was install afc2add which I doubt made any difference because it is just a USB support app.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonUK82 View Post
    My phone shows the wifi in the menu, shows a tick but won't display wifi symbol. I turned off mobile (cellular) data to see whether it was just a graphics thing - and it shows the wifi symbol when Cellular data is off - it won't connect though...

This has happened to me twice now - once jailbroken on 4.0.1 and now on jailbroken 4.1 (to fix on 4.0.1 had to restore back to apple's stock 4.1 firmware without jailbreak as it wasn't available for 4.1)
    So have jailbroken again finally since Limera1n was released and the problem has reared its ugly head again - it worked fine for a few days so trying to pinpoint now what I've installed since that could be interfering.

Reboot - failed
    Reset Network Settings - failed
    Turned wifi off and rebooted - failed
    Forgot the network and re-paired - failed
    Removed openssh - failed
    Removed sbsettings - failed.

Only other things I've installed from cydia are iFile, safari download manager and the app installer that's name is censored on here (I like to try before I buy).

Any other suggestions...
    Same here need help too

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Have you tried Wifi fix from Cydia.pushfix.info

I am having a similar issue with my wifi. The network shows up buy the status bar icon will not appear.
    Here is what I found. If I do the reset network thing in Settings>General I can wifi fine. Status shows up and connection is great, but if I run mywi 4.0 after that I can't connect to a wifi and the icon will not show up even though it says I am connected. Same problem as described above.
    Also even after I turn off mywi it still broadcasts. My laptop can still see my phone. I can't connect but there is still something broadcasting. I have to turn off wifi in settings to make it stop. Is that normal?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its definitely a bit slow after I installed Limera1n on my device but my wifi is working as normal. Maybe try only having one network coverage on at a time i.e. if you want to use wifi try switching 3G off and vise-versa. This may be confusing the device to what you are actually trying to connect to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12