Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T sim not activating iPhone!

Default AT&T sim not activating iPhone!
    Okay guys, need help, just upgraded a friend's phone to 4.0.1 from 3.1.2 and I wanted to unlock it so I could visit JailBreakMe.com
    The sim card used was not official so I popped in an unused AT&T sim but iphone still doesnt activate...

iTunes continues to display "The sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported" error.

Need help!

I was doing this on a 3Gs. Blobs saved and hosts file pointed to saurk's servers.

Try to hacktivate.
    For **** sakes you mods are amateurs! Why are you trashing my scene!!! Seriously you and me we're done professionally.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Pull the cable out and put it in

@Christian Bale: How? The phone is stuck on emergency call only mode.
    @yeow202: Tried doing that several times, itunes looks like it is trying to do something but then again gives the same message. Has apple deactivated this loophole of any at&t sim?

Thanks

No, apple has not stop doing that. Did you power up and down again. You might have to restore one more time since it is not activating it.

Could it be an issue if it was a UK bought iPhone thats not happy with AT&T? Should I hunt for an O2 sim and try that instead?

Thanks

You must get the official sim card for that iphone. You cannot use ATNT sim card for an iphone which is lock to UK carrier.
    You can check your iphone carrier of the country by the model number.

I tried it with an O2 sim and still the same. I ran f0recast and it says the phone's model is MC131. I went through a list of models but couldnt find mine in it. What are my options?