Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck on the wheel of death, 4.0.1 Jailbreak, what now?

Unhappy Stuck on the wheel of death, 4.0.1 Jailbreak, what now?
    hey guys, im jailbroken on my i4 with 4.0.1 used jailbreakme the day it came out and been using until today. i was messing with something i guess i shouldnt have using ifile in the system font folder with the lock clock. i did a respring and now my phone is stuck on the lovley white apple logo with the spinning wheel and has been for the past 2 hours. im stuck here at work so i cant do much until i get home later. anyways i know when i first did the jailbreak i made sure to do the "make my life easier" thing with cydia does that put me at an advantage here to getting back to where i was? ive never had this happen to me so im kinda lost on what to do i did some searches and stuff sounds like i might need tinyumbrella to get it out of the current mode. or do i just restore on itunes but im afriad i will have to rejailbreak using rain since it will probley put it in 4.1 any help is appreciated guys. thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you want to restore to 4.0.1, you will need the shsh blogs to do that.
    If you don't need unlock you can hit restore in Itunes, it will take you to 4.1 and jailbreak with Limera1n this time.
    Yes , everytime when you do a restore, you will need to jailbreak again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

agallowa (2010-10-12)

ya i figure i am just goint to restore and go to 4.1 and use limera1n since i have no use for unlocking it. thanks for the help.

I hope it is not too late and you may have already done so. You can use tiny umbrella to save your baseband before restoring to 4.1.