Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unactivated Iphone 3gs on 4.01

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unactivated Iphone 3gs on 4.01
    Trying to help a friend who has a 3gs on 4.01 with the emergency screen. The shsh blobs have been saved on tiny umbrella for 4.1. With that said, can this iphone can be jailbroken either using limera1n or greenpoison and using ultrasnow to unlock the iphone?

Amy help would be greatly appreciated.

the iphone can be jailbroken using either gp or limerain ... however u need the actual simcard to activate the phone and bypass the emergency screen... u can also use phonebook simcard (if u can find it in your place) .. google it up how it looks like...

However... currently there are no unlocks at the moment for 3GS running 4.1 .. so u might wanna use it as an itouch first until the unlock release probably after the release of iOS4.2 in Nov...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks a_nimality for the swift response. My friend attempted to move forward with your recommendation on how to jailbreak with no sucess. Bear in mind that he has a 3gs with 4.01 stuck on emergency mode.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

hi there.. i have a 3gs also.. is it a new phone running 4.0.1 or 4.1?

well whatever the version is... if he stuck on the emergency screen .. it means the phone not yet been activated ...

The way to activate it is by inserting the official sim carrier i.e. depends on the phone if e.g. usa using AT&T simcard or if UK using the O2 simcard.. or the 3 network simcard.. it all depends on the carrier the phone comes from..

Other way as i mentioned is to look for a phonebook simcard which i think you can easily find on ebay at an affordable price .. just typed in "activate iphone"..

After the phone is activated.. depends on what firmware the phone is running... if it is on 4.0.1 you can use jailbreakme and if u update it to 4.1 you can use greenpoison or limerain to jailbreak it...

Notes: If after activate and jailbreak you want to use other carrier simcard, u should use ultrasnow to unlock it after the jailbreak but if you update it to 4.1 .. there is no unlock at the moments..

Hope this helps!

btw... does limera1n not work in 4.01 and 4.02? i think i saw reports that it works in 4.01 and 4.02. if it does then u can jailbreak with limera1n and hactivate ur 3gs as iphone 3gs hactivates iphones. i unlocked an iphone4 yesterday and limera1n hactivated it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dying4004 For This Useful Post:

technobuff (2010-10-13)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

greenpois0n only works on 4.1. Limera1n works on 4.0/4.0.1/4.0.2/4.1
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.