Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Guide me for Jail breaking my 3GS on iOS4

Default Please Guide me for Jail breaking my 3GS on iOS4
    I'm Windows user
    I have iPhone3GS Jailbreak and unlocked on 3.1.3
    and Baseband 05.11.07 and Boot Loader 6.4

I want to move to iOS 4 (Jailbreak and Unlock)

I have searched this FORUM and founded that i need to downgrade back my iPhone to 3.1.2 and then use snow-breeze, but i don't see any green text in my Cydia that tells me that i have saved my 3.1.2 SHSH files (i dnt have SHSH saved for 3.1.2)

I'm kinda stuck that which is safe method to move from 3.1.3 to 4.0

i saw that limerain , is it a safe solution if a use limerain to upgrade my iphone from 3.1.3 to 4.0
    and if i can ? then how ? where do first i get 4.0 bcz limerain tutorials don't show up the link for ios 4 firmware files

i'm noob please help me

please help ....

Hi,

-if you don't have your SHSH files saved for 3.1.2 there is no way to downgrade to 3.1.2 on your 3GS....
    -if you use limerain you will lose your unlock for as far as I know, so you would need an original sim to unlock your phone again
    -best option in my eyes would be to wait until sunday when a new version of pwnage tool will be released which will allow you to upgrade safely without updating your baseband (as dhamien said here in this thread here already:

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/732...-new-post.html )
    Last edited by johnny_flash; 2010-10-14 at 12:46 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ammar26 View Post
    I'm Windows user
    I have iPhone3GS Jailbreak and unlocked on 3.1.3
    and Baseband 05.11.07 and Boot Loader 6.4

I want to move to iOS 4 (Jailbreak and Unlock)

I have searched this FORUM and founded that i need to downgrade back my iPhone to 3.1.2 and then use snow-breeze, but i don't see any green text in my Cydia that tells me that i have saved my 3.1.2 SHSH files (i dnt have SHSH saved for 3.1.2)

I'm kinda stuck that which is safe method to move from 3.1.3 to 4.0

i saw that limerain , is it a safe solution if a use limerain to upgrade my iphone from 3.1.3 to 4.0
    and if i can ? then how ? where do first i get 4.0 bcz limerain tutorials don't show up the link for ios 4 firmware files

i'm noob please help me
    You need to look in Cydia and see which SHSHs you do have saved. If you any of versions 4.0/4.0.1/4.0.2 you can restore to that version and jailbreak with limera1n and then unlock by installing ultrasn0w from within Cydia.

On how to restore using those SHSHs, you can search for a guide or you can read this article made by Saurik. It explains what SHSHs are and how to use them. You can find it here: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Beware though, do not restore/upgrade to 4.1 as you will lose the possibility of unlocking for a long time to come.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.