Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS and FACETIME issues on iPhone4 4.1 JB Limera1n

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default MMS and FACETIME issues on iPhone4 4.1 JB Limera1n
    Hi everyone!
    I've an iPhone 4 bought in USA, firmware 4.1 JB with limera1n RC1, and modem firmware 01.59.00 unlocked by ultrasn0w.
    I'm currently using an Italian carrier, Wind.

Everithing works fine, but I've issues with MMS (I set up parameters but it stills don't send anything), and Facetime setting button locked to "Waiting activation..."
    Maybe because limera1n do "hacktivation" on the iPhone? I have no AT&T sim card, so limera1n is for me the only option to activate the iPhone.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.
    LuKiller.

Edit: Now I'm trying Greenpois0n JB, stay tuned if you have same issues
    Edit #2: No hacktivation with Greenpois0n, re-jailbreaking by limera1n
    Last edited by lukiller; 2010-10-12 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MMS works fine just facetime problem with 3g unrestrictor thats all I got...

Quote Originally Posted by lukiller View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Everithing works fine, but I've issues with MMS (I set up parameters but it stills don't send anything), and Facetime setting button locked to "Waiting activation..."
    Maybe because limera1n do "hacktivation" on the iPhone? I have no AT&T sim card, so limera1n is for me the only option to activate the iPhone.
    Thanks for confirming my problem! I'm living in Germany and own a French iPhone 4 on 4.1, jailbroken and hacktivated with limera1n, then unlocked using ultrasn0w.

I haven't found a solution to this yet. It's not caused by restoring to a backup, as it also doesn't work without any backup.

(bold words are important information)
    Last edited by iDarkRed; 2010-10-12 at 04:00 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I solved MMS issue, by adding in Cydia repository http://repo.hackyouriphone.org, package "CommCenter Patch 4.1"

still waiting FaceTime activation...

I heard facetime charges international text messages everytime you use it if your not AT&T. So be careful.. I would just wait till theres a better solution

try disabling 3G in your settings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    try disabling 3G in your settings
    nothing to do.. still in Waiting...

Default facetime and mms activation
    will using iphonedelivery on cydia work for iphone4 os 4.1 JB thru limera1n????

remove 3g unrestrictor (or at least remove facetime from it) and then try out facebreak, it should allow facetime over 3g

other that that, maybe try a newer version of limera1n if you used an older one to begin with

also make sure your wifi is enabled in the settings menu (even if you don't use wifi networks)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I haven't 3G unrestrictor, i've installed FaceBreak and forced show FT button, but when i start a FaceTime call front camera opens and close immediatly and call hangs.
    WiFi always on
    LimeRa1n RC1b, but still no solution.

For me the problem is ultrasn0w/commcenter, waiting for new updates.

Hi everyone!
    I've an iPhone 4 bought in USA, firmware 4.1 JB with limera1n RC1, and modem firmware 01.59.00 unlocked by ultrasn0w.
    I'm currently using an Italian carrier, Wind.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.
    LuKiller.

Edit: Now I'm trying Greenpois0n JB, stay tuned if you have same issues
    Edit #2: No hacktivation with Greenpois0n, re-jailbreaking by limera1n
    Lukiller I have the exact same problem. I have read every post in every forum and nothing.

If you end up solving this please post the solution.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by NikeJS View Post
    I heard facetime charges international text messages everytime you use it if your not AT&T. So be careful.. I would just wait till theres a better solution
    For Americans yes, but if he's in Germany then it won't be long distance lol

here in turkey , i have the same problem . if there is a way to fix it , i think we would find it yet , so the only way is to activate thru original sim ..

but still , if we use greenpoison or limerain again to jailbreak , it may break activation

but in mitime's web site (the site of push fix as well) , i found a command string just to remove activation without needing to restore.

when you execute that command , phone returns to un-activated mode (connect to itunes screen) , then you can activate thru at&t (or the original sim the phone locked to)

Troubleshooting | MiTime.info

Note: If you ran Limera1n on your phone: Please run these commands instead and they will force deactivation of your phone and disable limera1n's partial hacktivation.

cd /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/
    plutil -EnvironmentVariables -rmkey DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES com.apple.mobile.lockdown.plist
    rm -f /var/root/Library/Lockdown/activation_records/wildcard_record.plist

Then reboot your phone and it will go into iTunes emergency mode where you have to activate with a valid SIM

(by the way is there any battery improvement you observed in RC1B over the limerain beta versions?)

did anyone try the above de-activation method ?
    Last edited by sharpbug; 2010-10-16 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sharpbug For This Useful Post:

lukiller (2010-10-20)

Thanks

I have the same problem on Vodafone Romania. I cannot activate FaceTime with Mitime on an Limea1n Jb and unlocked at&t iphone 4. I've bought on Ebay a at&t microsim to use it for activation. I will let you know if it will work.

it works , i can confirm .. i deactivated with instructions @mitime troubleshootings page and activated again with AT&T ..

Facetime , push , youtube , now works

I solved MMS issue, by adding in Cydia repository http://repo.hackyouriphone.org, package "CommCenter Patch 4.1"

still waiting FaceTime activation...
    I added that source and also added "CommCenter Patch 4.1" but still cannot send pix

I also have this problem.
    Locked on at&t iphone 4, jailbroken with limera1n, unlocked with ultrasn0w and using it in Europe, with european carrier.
    I cannot send mms and also cannot activate facetime (waiting for activation....) because it is not sending the verification SMS - this is what mitime.info says.

Is there a fix for this problem?

use the code in mitime's troubleshooting page and de activate iphone (dont need to restore , this will only remove hactivation)

but you will need AT&T sim card .. then reboot and connect to itunes ,activate , problem solved ..

Ok. So..

1. I remove hacktivation

2. I activate my iphone with at&t simcard. I saw on the market „activation sim” - that will activate the iphone on any network. Can I use this too or do I need at&t?

3. I install ultrasn0w to be able to use my european sim

4. After my sim is recognised and is working I activate facetime??? (or do I have to activate facetime with the at&t simcard- I ask this because on at&t sim card I do not have any credit ($) and as far as I know activativating facetime requires sms plan )
    Last edited by makao; 2010-10-20 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks

You have to purchase mitime to activate facetime on unofficial carriers. But you can use facetime only if you have activated the phone with the official carrier sim.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to radurusu For This Useful Post:

makao (2010-10-20)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast