Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Block Baseband update going to 4.1 with Tiny Umb... now can't force it

Default Block Baseband update going to 4.1 with Tiny Umb... now can't force it
    Hi all, I have a factory unlocked iphone 4 shipped with 4.0.2 and upgraded it to 4.1 after saving my SHSH blobs and blocking the firmware/baseband from updating past 1.59 with tiny umbrellas tss server... i know I don't need to worry about the newer baseband since its a factory unlock but my wife's isn't and was just testing/practicing since I want unlock her's with whatever new ultrasn0w or unlock....

However I jailbreaked my phone at 4.1/1.59 with limera1n and it went but I want to restore back to an OEM 4.1 with the new 2.XXX fw. After restoring its constantly stuck in recovery mode and errors with 1004 (like tiny umbrella server is still running blocking the update but it isn't). I've tried recovering from DFU mode and pointing directly to the 4.1 IPSW but it always fails at 1004, requires a kick out cmd from tiny umbrella and the baseband never updates... Is there some local files I need to delete or edit on my pc? as tiny umbrella isn't even installed its just an exe.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by sammy848; 2010-10-11 at 10:47 PM.

that is odd. What I would try is restoring the phone using SHSH.
    Meaning adding that one line to your host file and shift, restore (obviously phone in DFU mode)

If that doesn't work I'd try it on a different computer.

If that doesn't work I'd restore to a previous firmware like 4.0 and then back up to 4.1.

Of course you're not losing/gaining anything here by updating

Check ur hosts file. On windows it's windows/system32/drivers/etc, delete anything that says tinyumbrella, then open the hosts file (notepad) and delete anything that says apple

Quote Originally Posted by rest_easy View Post
    that is odd. What I would try is restoring the phone using SHSH.
    Meaning adding that one line to your host file and shift, restore (obviously phone in DFU mode)

If that doesn't work I'd try it on a different computer.

If that doesn't work I'd restore to a previous firmware like 4.0 and then back up to 4.1.

Of course you're not losing/gaining anything here by updating
    hey rest_easy... I pretty much am a complete noob to the iphone scene as of this week as we just converted from blackberries so going through just a bit of a learning curve.

just tried it for a third time in dfu mode and it worked. Didn't change a thing so not sure. I also did make sure to clean up the hosts files so it would contact apple and get the newer baseband.