Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my SHSHs on cydia disappear

Default my SHSHs on cydia disappear
    i believed for 100% sure that i saved my SHSHs on cydia long time ago. i still saw that green text "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone iOS: 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1" a few weeks ago.

but now, i go to cydia home screen and i don't see that green text appear. how could this happen? it was happened couple days ago, and keep checking it.....still disappeared.

does anyone know why?
    thanks

Same and with my misses phone and my mates. Think everyones is...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

He takes it off during periods of high load. They are still there, but the message doesn't appear to save server resources. It'll come back after the 4.1 jailbreak rush dies down.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to z6joker9 For This Useful Post:

bellyfrog (2010-10-12), bgattis (2010-10-11)

They're still there. If you open TinyUmbrella, and click 'Display SHSHs', you can see them all listed there.

---------------------------------
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

scroll down in cydia. messages on the bottom now in teeny tiny black numbers :-)

mine was only listed for 4.1 strange so I saved for 4.0.2 and 4.0.1 just incase.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny3Stacks View Post
    They're still there. If you open TinyUmbrella, and click 'Display SHSHs', you can see them all listed there.
    Just to clarify, doing this shows you what keys are saved to your PC, not necessarily Cydia. Assuming you left the settings at default, those keys should be saved on Cydia also (as requesting them queries Cydia's server to save them). In other words, because they are listed doesn't meant they are on Cydia per se, but they most likely are.

Quote Originally Posted by flabyboy View Post
    scroll down in cydia. messages on the bottom now in teeny tiny black numbers :-)
    Are you sure? I only see my device type (iPhone 4), my iOS version (4.1), Cydia's version, and my UDID. I believe he just took them off for now.

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    Just to clarify, doing this shows you what keys are saved to your PC, not necessarily Cydia. Assuming you left the settings at default, those keys should be saved on Cydia also (as requesting them queries Cydia's server to save them). In other words, because they are listed doesn't meant they are on Cydia per se, but they most likely are.

Are you sure? I only see my device type (iPhone 4), my iOS version (4.1), Cydia's version, and my UDID. I believe he just took them off for now.

Your right they are gone. i swear they were there this morning

so then, he took them off forever? or it will come back later?
    i hope it will come back some days, then we can downgrade to what version we want. otherwise, we stuck.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thienduong View Post
    so then, he took them off forever? or it will come back later?
    i hope it will come back some days, then we can downgrade to what version we want. otherwise, we stuck.
    They are still saved on his server! He's just not listing them when you load Cydia! Listing which ones he has saved for you takes resources and causes timeout errors when the server is experience high load (like, when a bunch of people suddenly jailbreak and re-download all their Cydia apps and requesting their keys using Umbrella). He'll add the listing back after the server load dies down. Again, they are still there, he's just not telling you that when you load Cydia like it usually does.