Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loads of Cydia stuff not working

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Default Loads of Cydia stuff not working
    Hi

After Jailbreaking my ip4 on 4.1 wirh Limera1n i was very happy to sat the least,

Then i went to Cydia and installed a couple of things Pro theme (paid for and not working properly ? No name under icons)

iconclasum (think that's what it was called)paid for and made my phone go into safe mode when trying to move icons ?

So to my question are these things that are wrong because things have not been updated for 4.1 ?? or is it a problem with Limera1n ??

Kinda sucks that you pay for stuff and then it does not work, So will they update these stuff to work with 4.1, Soo is it just a waiting game until everything is updated to work with 4.1 ??

also the first time i loaded Cydia it said i had my blobs saved for 4.1 (used Tiny last week ) but then today they were not on the top of the home screen of Cydia. Is Cydia just overloaded at the moment?

So many questions but you guys give the best advise.

Thanks
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Limera1n is fine. If something goes into safe mode (or just crashes) it's b/c it's not updated for the new firmware.

As for your SHSH's use Tiny Umbrella as a back-up. Run the program and if it says they're on file then you're good to go. Cydia is massively overloaded after new jailbreaks.

Lastly, you paid for these apps on lower firmwares I suspect and they worked just fine. It's usually best to stay on lower firmwares until you receive update conformation that the apps you need/use have been updated for whatever firmware you're going up to. Be patient as 4.1 has only been jailbroken for all devices for a couple days.

give gridlock a try, its much better than iconoclasim aynway

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thecrunked For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (2010-10-11)