Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best way to backup everything

Default Best way to backup everything
    I'm currently on a PWNED version of 4.0 and I want to use Limera1n to jailbreak to iOS 4.1. I want to back up all of my Cydia apps, repositories, and my app store apps also. Then update my phone to 4.1, jailbreak, and then restore all of my backups.

What is the best way of doing that?

Thanks

Use pkgbackup to backup your cydia packages and repos. iTunes will take care of the app store apps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

JRhodes88 (2010-10-11)

Is there a way to backup all the information on those app store apps? Like all my game saves and such?

Thanks

Yeah iTunes does all that for you. After you do the restore you'll be give the option to set up as a new phone or restore from a backup. Choose a backup of your phone and all your game saves will be intact. Alternatively if you want to do every thing from scratch and set up as a new phone you can get appbackup from cydia. It will backup all your app data. You'd then have to ssh into the phone and save the appbackup folder to your computer then ssh it back in after the restore process.

Not sure if you've looked into this but CopyTrans appears to be a decent option. Read the reviews from PCWorld and About.com